HDRI Issues?

You all are so helpful... maybe you can help me with this.

I've been using skydomes with a lot of my images (a lot of Orestes but others too). When I add one of the skydomes to an image, a little progress meter starts at the bottom saying "Processing image [image name].hdr" and that keeps working even after the image is in the scene. It keeps going even when I save a scene and re-open it. It keeps going even when I hit "New" and wipe that existing scene away. It's like it never fully sets and just keeps processing forever.

And it seems to be (observationally) adding a lot to my render times. 

Any ideas on if this is normal or how I can get it to stop, if not?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300

Better post a screenshot, and which skydomes did you use... from Orestes' products or sth.?

• morrisonmpmorrisonmp Posts: 152

crosswind said:

Better post a screenshot, and which skydomes did you use... from Orestes' products or sth.?

I don't think a screenshot will help. The HDRI image/skydome shows up just fine. The problem is that it seems to continue processing the image at all times while it is open. Daz Studio never stops processing the skydome. I use a lot of Orestes' skydomes because they are beautiful but it has happened with others as well.  

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Personally I have never had this happen, and I use HDRIs often. What are your system specs? How resource heavy is the scene? Keep in mind there is a diffeence between an HDRI and a skydome