How do I reset the Animated Timeline from 30 to 0 without changing anything?

I found a couple of existant threads here on the forum via a Google search but none solved the problem.

The problem:

I'm working with a girl sitting on the floor and wearing a dForce dress. I plan to use the animated timeline to get the dress sorted out.

Here's the issue: I was using dForce a couple of days ago and didn't reset it, so it's been on frame 30 this whole time.

Now when I drag the yellow arrow from frame 30 to frame 0, my G8F gets up and walks back to the zero position. :D

What I WANT to do is get rid of all the keyframes and reset it to zero WITHOUT anything in the scene reverting to zero.

I've tried Select All - Edit - Figure - Clear Animation, but that causes the G8F to reset.

I've also tried Select-All - Delete Keys (Selected Nodes), but this resets my G8F (along with a bunch of other stuff) back to zero.

How do I reset the keyframe to 0 from 30 without changing anything?

Comments

• Save a pose preset on frame 30 and choose the Single Frame option in the dialogue box, then you can clear the animation and apply the saved pose.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited June 2023

You should first export the dress as .obj as it is dForce shaped at frame 30 before clearing the animation. Saving a pose preset doesen't save the dForced dress.

Then use Morph Loader Pro to retrieve the shape of the dress meant for your pose preset.

Apply your morph to the dress, ERC Freeze (edit mode), then save as Morph asset.

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

A slightly different method for complex scenes:
    At Frame 30 (or any preferred frame) export all dForced items as .obj.
    In the Scene Tab press Alt-E
    Go to Frame 0
    Press Ctrl-E (wait a few seconds).
    Your frame 0 is now identical as Frame 30, except for the shapes of the dForced items.
    Use Morph loader pro to restore the dForced items morphs.
    Apply the morphs, ERC freeze (edit mode), save as morphs assets.
    Now you can clear the frames 1 to 30 in the timeline.
    Save your Scene

• Richard Haseltine said:

Save a pose preset on frame 30 and choose the Single Frame option in the dialogue box, then you can clear the animation and apply the saved pose.

Cool. Thank you Richard.

I wasn't able to lear the animation because doing so made the whole scene go wonky. But I was able to save the pose using this method and open a fresh file and reload the environment.

• rosseliani said:

You should first export the dress as .obj as it is dForce shaped at frame 30 before clearing the animation. Saving a pose preset doesen't save the dForced dress.

Then use Morph Loader Pro to retrieve the shape of the dress meant for your pose preset.

Apply your morph to the dress, ERC Freeze (edit mode), then save as Morph asset.

I'll keep that in mind.

The thing with this situation was that I hadn't applied the dForce to the dress yet. The yellow arrow was on 30 but the dress was out-of-box, and whenever I reset it to 0, the whole scene would get screwy.