Base Model suggestions?

I'm looKing to buy a range of base models that I can manipulate and make my own for my projects and the like. I belive the most common one I heard about on this site is Victoria 8 (I want to work with Gen 8) and I would like if you could offer suggestions as to what to buy from the store. I am hoping for a range of skin tones going Pale, Tanned, Brown and Black. I want at least four if not more for choice and I would like them for both males and females if possible? Do you have any sugestions?

Comments

• Victoria 8 is a character (shape and textures) for Genesis 8 Female, not a base model

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

I guess it all depends on what your project is and do you intend on working just in Daz Studio or outside apps. Keep in mind that 'your" projects can't include selling or sharing anything from the store or for game mods.

There are many skin tone products and most of what they can do can be done from within Daz Studio on your own. There are not any that I know of G8 characters that work on both female and male characters. If that is a need, you might look at G9 instead since it is a unisex base

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

If you want to manipulate the figures, then it may be better to buy morph packs instead.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,913

PerttiA said:

If you want to manipulate the figures, then it may be better to buy morph packs instead.

You can get a lot of mileage out of just Shape Shift and 200 Plus. You should absolutely grab the base morphs (female body and head, male body and head) if nothing else, because many other morph packs and even some characters require those to work correctly.

• DrakenfelDrakenfel Posts: 23

FSMCDesigns said:

I guess it all depends on what your project is and do you intend on working just in Daz Studio or outside apps. Keep in mind that 'your" projects can't include selling or sharing anything from the store or for game mods.

There are many skin tone products and most of what they can do can be done from within Daz Studio on your own. There are not any that I know of G8 characters that work on both female and male characters. If that is a need, you might look at G9 instead since it is a unisex base

I heard you have the freedom to sell your creations in image form. The issue is when you are trying to use the base model mesh and distribute that?

As for the rest I bought genitalia on another site and the base model doesn't have texturing.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Drakenfel said:

FSMCDesigns said:

I heard you have the freedom to sell your creations in image form. The issue is when you are trying to use the base model mesh and distribute that?

As for the rest I bought genitalia on another site and the base model doesn't have texturing.

For female characters, I prefer New Gens, since it creates the necessary textures on the fly.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,913

Drakenfel said:

FSMCDesigns said:

You can sell any rendered still image or animation so long as no items used have non-commercial-use licenses. Everything in the Daz store is safe for commercial use aside from items with an Editorial license, the Anne Marie Goddard model for V3(?), FlippedNormals products and whatever other scattered exceptions there might be.

• RafaelRafael Posts: 133
    edited June 2023

In Daz, the "Base models" are free and they are the ones labeled Genesis with a really big number on the miniature.

And Gen9 comes with some base skin tones.

These base models can be modified in 3D software to create variations or new characters.

But probably you do not want "Base models" but simply some models that somebody made and you want to use, not necessarily create your own. Then, the only way to do it is to scroll to the store. You will find that there are several authors that have a variety of characters, and some specialize a bit on some type of characters, for example, Asian females.

My suggestion would be:

1. Create a wishlist of some characters you like, just add them to that list after your first impression.

2. Depurate a bit the list, it is easier to discard ones that you do not like that much.

3. Depurate further after comparing. Some characters could look similar to others, especially from the same author.

---

Now, if you are not in a hurry you can wait for those characters to be with some discount, and purchase them little by little. Or pay full price if you need them right now.

Post edited by Rafael on