Clothing morphs aren't showing for Flirty School Uniform for Genesis 8 Female(s) RESOLVED

scottrussell916scottrussell916 Posts: 0
edited May 2023 in New Users

Hi, all. I'm fairly new to working in Daz 3D (and totally unfamiliar with other programs). Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I'm a bit stumped because I bought Flirty School Uniforms for Genesis 8 Female(s). Unfortunately, most of the morphs mentioned in the description aren't shown in Daz (or I'm just not looking in the right place). I've attached screenshots showing the shirt morphs from the product page (as an example) and a second screenshot showing what I see in Daz with the shirt selected.

Any help would be appreciated. I've run into this with other products, this is just a good example.

Shirt Morphs in the Product Description.jpg
181 x 458 - 27K
Shirt Morphs Displayed in Daz.jpg
378 x 451 - 46K
Post edited by scottrussell916 on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300

You may click that Gear Icon of a morph dial, then go to File Path location and check if there're those morph files in data folder ...

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Is it  "fitted to" G8F?

• crosswind said:

You may click that Gear Icon of a morph dial, then go to File Path location and check if there're those morph files in data folder ...

Thank you, crosswind. I'm not sure which gear icon you're referring to. I tried clicking the gear icons for the morphs shown in my screenshot and they didn't have an option to go to the File Path.

However, I did find the directories where this products files are saved and checked to make sure that they were installed to the expected directories. It looks like they're where they're supposed to be.

• FirstBastion said:

Is it  "fitted to" G8F?

Hi, FirstBastion. Yes, it is fitted to my figure. I've tried both G8F and G8.1F figures and made sure that the clothes were fitted. Still no luck. 

edited May 2023

scottrussell916 said:

crosswind said:

Thank you, crosswind. I'm not sure which gear icon you're referring to. I tried clicking the gear icons for the morphs shown in my screenshot and they didn't have an option to go to the File Path.

However, I did find the directories where this products files are saved and checked to make sure that they were installed to the expected directories. It looks like they're where they're supposed to be.

Yeah, check if those dsf files are right in the folder.... If your DS version is older than 4.20, you'll have no option of that File Path. You either upgrade your DS version or check the path of 'data directroy' in the 2nd screenshop.

SNAG-2023-5-31-0025.png
    1732 x 1400 - 453K
    SNAG-2023-5-31-0026.png
    741 x 1152 - 151K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

scottrussell916 said:

crosswind said:

Yeah, check if those dsf files are right in the folder.... If your DS version is older than 4.20, you'll have no option of that File Path. You either upgrade your DS version or check the path of 'data directroy' in the 2nd screenshop.

Ahh, thanks. I'm running version 4.21. I checked the file path the way that you suggested and confirmed that my files are all in the right places. For some reason, only some are available in DS.

Comparing your screenshot to what I see, for Flirty School Shirt you have Adjustments and Morphs (under Actor), while I only have Adjustments. Under Adjustments, I only have LoosenCollar and LoosenSleeveL, whereas you have all 11 options. I've had similar issues with other clothing and hair morphs, which are often hit or miss for me.

I'm wondering if it would help if I reinstalled DS? And maybe re-install my other 3D products one at a time, in case something was installed incorrectly. (I'm very new to Daz and I installed a lot of stuff in a short period of time - mostly without knowing what I was doing :) ) 

edited May 2023

I'm not able to tell the root reason for the time being but normally it is irrelevant to DS application itself.  You may first check the configuration of your Daz Library path and re-install the product thru the DIM. Do not log in Daz Connect when opening DS...and deactivate the path of Connect if needed...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

I'm not able to tell the root reason for the time being but normally it is irrelevant to DS application itself.  You may first check the configuration of your Daz Library path and re-install the product thru the DIM. Do not log in Daz Connect when opening DS...and deactivate the path of Connect if needed...

That worked! Thanks, crosswind! Greatly appreciated smiley 

scottrussell916 said:

crosswind said:

That worked! Thanks, crosswind! Greatly appreciated smiley 

Great! yes