Geoshells and Geografts

Perhaps this was asked and answered some time in the past, but I searched and couldn't find anything relevant.

Is there a way to make geoshells play well with geografts? Mainly I'm talking about the Breastacular graft, and various body makeup shells that don't blend with the graft, they just cut off abruptly at the edge of the graft. The shell sections for the graft are turned on, but they simply don't display. Changing the mesh offset for the shell doesn't fix it.

Does anyone know the secret?

Thanks!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited June 2023

There's no sort of secret, the mechanism is almost the same. For example, I add a geoshell tattoo to the figure, then:
    1. Apply iray uber shader to Breastacular graft surfaces on tattoo shell;
    2. Copy shell's torso texture to graft's torso surface; (Copy shell's torso texture to shell's breastacular torso surface)
    3. Set opacity of graft arm surface to zero and lock it.

As attached screenshots...

SNAG-2023-5-26-0008.png
    2560 x 1400 - 997K
    SNAG-2023-5-26-0009.png
    2560 x 1400 - 890K
    SNAG-2023-5-26-0010.png
    508 x 1302 - 114K
    SNAG-2023-5-26-0011.png
    508 x 1302 - 116K
    SNAG-2023-5-26-0012.png
    508 x 1302 - 73K
    SNAG-2023-5-26-0013.png
    2560 x 1400 - 839K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 385

Thanks very much for the reply.

When I perform step 2, the breastacular graft disappears.

Which character and shell product are you using ? I may see if I could reproduce your case of not...

Ok I found the issue. Your step 2 says "2. Copy shell's torso texture to graft's torso surface;" But based on your image, it should be "2. Copy shell's torso texture to shell's breastacular torso surface;" Once I did that, it all fell into place.

Thank you!!

Hoh~ my bad!  Never type less, type more cheeky

Hey it's all good. You provided everything needed.

So I've been trying this with the New Gens for V8 and the Easy Pants shell for G8.1, and can't get it to work. The materials are pasted to the shell's Gens surfaces, but nothing ever changes on the shell for those areas.

edited June 2023

Yeah, this is a more complex case as Easy Pants' UV is totally different... I helped a guy to resolve a similar case on 'GP + Mysterious Story Two Suit' last year but that video is not in English...
    So I attached the screenshots as below. The trick of fixing 'NG + EasyPants' is easier... Pls follow the steps to fix it. (Uploading is dead again...)  -  https://postimg.cc/gallery/8zQz02S

PS: For any Geoshell base garment (with different UV) that 'interacts' with these 'Geograft Anatomies', the fixing process is almost the same ~~

Post edited by crosswind on

Thanks! I will try this later.

• If the copy and paste alone doesn't work, make sure your shells are set to default UV in the torso and arms surface. For some reason it doesn't always copy that setting.

Also some shells use the arms surface as well so to be sure I'd advise against making it invisible but just copy & paste it like you do for the torso surface.