Adding Clothes without them attaching to a Figure.

TomhipTomhip Posts: 333

Rather annoying problem I have run into recently. What I have is a figure with clothes. What I want to do is "detach" a piece of clothing form that figure and simulate it falling to the ground. 

Problem 1: After simulation is done I can no longer move the item. I have tried different bones and switching parent but after the simulation item does not want to move, which is odd to me as normally if you move figure after the simulation items follows with zero issue. I have also tried to unparent and move it prior to the simulation but then the item "changes" as if I am "pulling it" away from its resting space.

Problem 2: To tackle Problem 1 I have tried to add a copy of original item to the scene, but it keeps auto attaching to the figure even if I hide it. In fact I tried even a different clothing that I have not used in the scene and it keeps ataching to hidden figure,  and I am not selecting it when adding. Only when I deleted the figure did the new item suddenly reset itself and I was able to move it freely, but this is not ideal I still want that item and figure in one scene.

Hopefully there is some reset option I am missing here. Probably can also try making a separate sub scene and merging it in but this really seems like it should work somehow.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

I am not clear - does the item fit to the figure even if the figure is not currently selected? It shouldn't, and most don't in my experience.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 333

Richard Haseltine said:

I am not clear - does the item fit to the figure even if the figure is not currently selected? It shouldn't, and most don't in my experience.

Yes this is what is happening. Additionally a popup windows comes up "Choose Content to Replace" which has the duplicate item ticked.

Interestingly, I created a brand new scene and it worked as expected.

I have added a figure to the problematic scene and a popup asked me "Where to Fit the Item" and I was able to select "None" and was freely moving it... so the issue is somehow tied to existing scene but i guess I have a workaround...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,301

Tomhip said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes this is what is happening. Additionally a popup windows comes up "Choose Content to Replace" which has the duplicate item ticked.

Interestingly, I created a brand new scene and it worked as expected.

I have added a figure to the problematic scene and a popup asked me "Where to Fit the Item" and I was able to select "None" and was freely moving it... so the issue is somehow tied to existing scene but i guess I have a workaround...

If you want to move the clothing, select it and go to Parameters pane, set the value of Fit to Mode to 'Auto Follow Transforms' see if you can manipulate it then..

As for the 'popup windows...', press F2, go to Content tab - Replacement Management, choose a mode you'd like from the dropdown list, like Never... sth.