AI, Unreal Engine, and Daz

Will DazStudio ever take advantage of the new AI technologies currently being developed? I'm hoping one can use text to alter a scene and spare oneself countless minutes and hours. Also, I'm hoping daz works closer with Unreal Engine. I believe the bridge in the store is incredibly outdated and it's very difficult for new users to export and use their characters in Unreal Engine, the newest version. It feels like I'm missing on great things Unreal Engine 5.2 has to offer because It's hard for me to export my daz items there for use. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,301
    edited May 2023

Have no interest in AI by now... but if it's UE related, pls go to https://github.com/daz3d/DazToUnreal to get the latest bridge.. since the bridge from the store in here cannot help you to make it work in 5.2...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

I really hope DAZ doesn't jump on the AI bandwogon. I personally don't see that as a benefit or a win.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,064

FSMCDesigns said:

I really hope DAZ doesn't jump on the AI bandwogon. I personally don't see that as a benefit or a win.

AI is an umbrella term

if you mean diffusion image generators trained on huge databases of jpegs I can understand

but machine learning and large language models embrace a plethora of  things many very useful for an application like DAZ studio

the facial tracking, mocap from video stuff is all AI and damn I want it in DAZ studio

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914

Cascadeur is AI-assisted, and it would be great if Daz incorporated that kind of technology.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

Iray's Denoiser is AI trained.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited May 2023

AI is part of the inevitable future, lots of opportunities in embracing it.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited May 2023

I think even Dynamic Auto Painter (DAP) used AI with its filters.

Post edited by FirstBastion on