Customizing props (photographs, tv screens, etc)

I would like to create a still scene of a desk full of props such as: Polaroid photos, letters, newspapers, and a computer screen, with maybe some posters on the wall. I want everything to contain my own original images on the photos and screens. How would I go about doing this?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

A lot of that could be done by taking a plane primitice (Create>New Primitive, plane, set the base size, square, and then use the scale controls to adjust the propotions to match the photo or page you want, then just drag the image you want from a browser window onto the plane in the Viewport. ideally you will then want to go to the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane and adjust the other settings to better match the material in question. For a glowing monitor or the like, select the monitor, then in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane seelct the surface for the actual screen and drag the image you want to use onto the Emission Colour, then adjust the Luminosity and other settings as needed.

• Richard Haseltine said:

A lot of that could be done by taking a plane primitice (Create>New Primitive, plane, set the base size, square, and then use the scale controls to adjust the propotions to match the photo or page you want, then just drag the image you want from a browser window onto the plane in the Viewport. ideally you will then want to go to the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane and adjust the other settings to better match the material in question. For a glowing monitor or the like, select the monitor, then in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane seelct the surface for the actual screen and drag the image you want to use onto the Emission Colour, then adjust the Luminosity and other settings as needed.

thank you, i will attempt to do these things and post results if all goes wel!