Daz3d Log file

golem841golem841 Posts: 127

The last time I tried to open my log file, it was 32 pages long.

The only option was to delete it : no program was able to open it.

I have duplicate formulaes,

"Nested directory encountered while adding a Poser folder: D:/Poser 11 Content/Poser 11 Content : D:/Poser 11 Content"

WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avcodec-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"

WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot UltraSceneryXTPane::setStrata() in R:\src\ultrasceneryxtpane.cpp:1270

And many other warnings about head and expressions.

Before erasing everything and rebuild my whole folder, which may take me a few weeks, is there a way to batch resolve all these warnings ?

I know I often put files here and there without sufficient knowledge, specifically when the files are not from Daz. But I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

I wouldn't worry about it too much: a warning is just that. Keep in mind that a "general" Daz content library contains assets from dozens of generations and unfortunately not every content creator is as strict with its settings as the other. So.. hiccups, overlap and (small) mistakes can and will occur, that's what you see up there.

Seriously: unless you're actually experiencing errors then I wouldn't bother with any of this. This is really more a technical perspective on things so to speak.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

There is one serious problem though. The OP has nested content libraries.

• golem841golem841 Posts: 127

Thanks PerttiA

I don't even know what means nested "content libraries"

I have the main content librairie on Drive D and some other files in C:programs/Daz3d, plus some files in appdata/roaming/Daz3d

Some content on D were installed manually from other sites : do you think there may be errors in these ?

For instance, I have poser files in my Daz3d runtime.

And old Poser6 and 11 libraries

And a backup of the main librarie on Drive E

edited May 2023

Nested Content Libraries are content libraries located inside other content libraries.

In your case, you have one content library in "D:/Poser 11 Content" and another in "D:/Poser 11 Content/Poser 11 Content", which is inside the first one.
    Nested content libraries will confuse Daz Studio and can make products not working.

Post edited by PerttiA on

Thanks,

I will check this, as for the duplicates formulae it seems a bit more complicated.

For someone that isn't familiar with the code inside the morph files, there's two choices to 'fix' the duplicate formulas; 1. Check if there is updated versions of the products listed on the DS log, 2. Uninstall the products listed on the DS log.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,301
    edited May 2023

golem841 said:

I have duplicate formulaes,

"Nested directory encountered while adding a Poser folder: D:/Poser 11 Content/Poser 11 Content : D:/Poser 11 Content"

WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avcodec-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"

WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot UltraSceneryXTPane::setStrata() in R:\src\ultrasceneryxtpane.cpp:1270

And many other warnings about head and expressions.

Before erasing everything and rebuild my whole folder, which may take me a few weeks, is there a way to batch resolve all these warnings ?

I know I often put files here and there without sufficient knowledge, specifically when the files are not from Daz. But I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for your help

First resolve that 'Nested directory' issue which is easy to fix: rename the root directory to 'Poser 11 Contents' or a diff. name and reconfigue the Content Directory settings ~~
    Then you may attach you log file. If those 'duplicate formulas' significantly delay the scene loading time, you have to resolve them...

PS: If the mentioned '32 pages' of the log is for loading a G8 Base figure only, it's really worth looking into it. The good editor tool that I always recommend is EmEditor... Well, a Ds log could always be 'opened'..

Post edited by crosswind on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,215

golem841 said:

Getting back to the earlier issue, try Textpad or Notepad++. They're similar to Windows Notepad, but made for developers so they can open really large files.

I'm not trying to jinx you, but sooner or later something is going to happen where you'll need to look at that log file. Until then, happy rendering!

This is really nice from you,

I'm checking all these problems one after another

I have this one also :

src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libnvindex.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.

edited May 2023

golem841 said:

I have this one also :

src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libnvindex.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.

This error comes from Ds General Release, right? No worry, almost all of us have it in the log with General Release now..  This error has been already fixed in Public Build...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

First resolve that 'Nested directory' issue which is easy to fix: rename the root directory to 'Poser 11 Contents' or a diff. name and reconfigue the Content Directory settings ~~

???

The second content library needs to be moved out from under the first one or they can be merged together 

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

???

The second content library needs to be moved out from under the first one or they can be merged together 

You're right ~ I wrongly assumed the cause of this issue. @golem841, pls merge the content ( \runtime folder ) from the subfolder to the root directory, and reconfigure the settings in Content Directory Manager, just leave the root directory there.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

I got lost in reading the fix.   I'm getting this error when attempting to render on my 1080Ti.

2023-05-18 20:22:44.560 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Using interactive scheduling, caustic sampler disabled
    2023-05-18 20:22:44.564 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: No device specified or usable
    2023-05-18 20:22:44.564 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering with 0 device(s):
    2023-05-18 20:22:44.564 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering...
    2023-05-18 20:22:44.564 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: No worker to render with: aborting render
    2023-05-18 20:22:44.564 [ERROR] Iray :: Internal rendering error.

I think my dzneuraymgr.cpp(369) related error may be caused by something competely different.

I've discovered if I turn on CPU rendering, I can render.   Otherwise, if I have it set to just the GPU, it fails on this particular PC.

I have this one also :

golem841 said:

I have this one also :

I replied as above...

This error comes from Ds General Release, right? No worry, almost all of us have it in the log with General Release now..  This error has been already fixed in Public Build... 

edited May 2023

Thanks to all,

my log file is much shorter and the number of "warnings" is much shorter.

I still have a question : I have 2 2080TX cards with an NV Link Bridge : should I keep it or not ?

Post edited by golem841 on

golem841 said:

Thanks to all,

my log file is much shorter and the number of "warnings" is much shorter.

I still have a question : I have 2 2080TX cards with an NV Link Bridge : should I keep it or not ?

Two 2080Ti cards, correct? Surely you can keep the cards and the link, so you'll have total 22GB VRAM pooling that can hold on some 'bigger scenes' for rendering. But you still have to test it with the latest driver of 2080 to make sure they can work well.