crushed breast

npsimonenpsimone Posts: 25

I don't know why, it often happens to me that the breasts of the character are crushed, compressed, as if a garment has pressed them on the chest, without having applied any parameter.
If I try to reopen the file without saving, the character ends up in this situation. And it happens that if I open previously saved files with the same base character, without clothes, this also results in this problem, deleting all the previously done mesh work.
What is the cause of this problem? Is there a way to reset and return the meshes to their origin?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

That is rather hard to say - please put the Viewport in a non-textured mode (Smooth Shaded, for example) and take a screenshot showing the issue.

• npsimonenpsimone Posts: 25

Thank you for your answer. I found the problem. In practice, I don't know why, on the final character which is the result of the combination of other characters, the software had reset this combination without me doing anything. So the final result was a different hybrid from the one I built. To avoid doing the same thing with other parameters in the future, I ask you if the character, once built, can be saved as an independent morph no longer tied to its modifiers?
    Thank you for always being available to solve my difficulties

In general it is a bad idea to bake out a single morph combining the effects of others - aside from the fact that you cannot sell or distribute the result, which may well not be a concern, you lose any links to other corrective morphs (e.g. making the eyes or lips close cleanly with a morph that affects their shape) or joint adjustments (e.g. making sure the bends are in the right place used with a morph that stretches the arms). What you can do is make a new controllers property that will then, with a single slider, apply all the modifications you have made. With the character shape applied, but the figure otherwise zeroed:

1. right-click on the parameters pane and put it in Edit mode, if it isn't
    2. right-click in the group you want to contain your slider and select Create New Property - give it a name and label (the label is what appears on th slider, presuambly you would sue the character name), make any other chnages 9e.g. you might want to set the lower limit to 0%), and click Accept.
    3. set the new property to 100%.
    4. right-click on the new property and select ERC Freeze. In the dialogue run your eye down the list of Sub-components to make sure there is nothing there that you don't want (e.g. a pose you forgot to zero), uncheck anything not needed, and click Accept.
    5. test the result, assuming all is well zero it then File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset, select your morph, and enter the desired names for Author and product (these are used as folder names). At the top of the dialogue box you can choose which content directory to use - I suggest using oen that you include in your regular backups.

That should give you a master slider avaialble on all instnaces of that figure (if you don't want it avaialble on all figures skip step 5 other than testing and just save a scene or character preset (and in the latter case use it to load the figure when you want the morph).

• npsimonenpsimone Posts: 25

Thank you for your timely advice.
    But I wanted to reassure you, I'm not a developer or something similar and I have no intention of selling or distributing the result. What I do is just for fun.
    I wish I could add a presenter to my youtube video tutorials. These are also done for entertainment only and I do not receive any form of income. But since you've posed the problem, I'd like to ask you a few questions, also to avoid running into future problems. I have read the conditions of sale of the software, but with English and with google translated which is sometimes not very clear, I ask you some questions which I hope you can give me an answer to.
    1 Can I use animated characters in my video tutorials for non-profit purposes?
    2 if one day I change my mind and make a profit from viewing youtube, what changes? Do I have to buy licenses?
    3 Can the characters and products you sell in your shop be used for this purpose or do you need to purchase additional licenses?
    4 Can you explain to me in simple words what are "interactive licenses " and "printing licenses?" Do I have to consider them when making these purchases?

I repeat, currently I do not pursue any profit, also because my job and my family take up all my time, and this is just for fun. But it is good to know how to behave.
    I hope google translate did its job well.
    I always thank you for your availability

edited May 2023

npsimone said:

Thank you for your timely advice.
    But I wanted to reassure you, I'm not a developer or something similar and I have no intention of selling or distributing the result. What I do is just for fun.
    I wish I could add a presenter to my youtube video tutorials. These are also done for entertainment only and I do not receive any form of income. But since you've posed the problem, I'd like to ask you a few questions, also to avoid running into future problems. I have read the conditions of sale of the software, but with English and with google translated which is sometimes not very clear, I ask you some questions which I hope you can give me an answer to.
    1 Can I use animated characters in my video tutorials for non-profit purposes?

You mean renders of the characters? Yes, and in for profit work too (with limited exceptions for the Anne Marie Goddard digital Clone for Victoria 3, and with the exception of most Flipped Normals products)..

2 if one day I change my mind and make a profit from viewing youtube, what changes? Do I have to buy licenses?

Nothing changes.

3 Can the characters and products you sell in your shop be used for this purpose or do you need to purchase additional licenses?

The basic licnese covers the use of the content to create rendered, 2D images and videos (with the exceptions noted above).

4 Can you explain to me in simple words what are "interactive licenses " and "printing licenses?" Do I have to consider them when making these purchases?

You need an interactive license if you are going to be distributing 3D data, rather than 2D renders. Most obviously 3D games, but it applies to anything which requires sharing 3D data (or texture files) from the products.

The print license is needed for 3D printing beyond the very limited, strictly non-commercial usage allowed by the basic license. It doesn't cover other methods for creating physical models, such as injection moulding.

I repeat, currently I do not pursue any profit, also because my job and my family take up all my time, and this is just for fun. But it is good to know how to behave.
    I hope google translate did its job well.
    I always thank you for your availability

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on