Installing a new version of Daz studio

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
edited May 2023 in New Users

HI

About a month ago I contracted Covid and have been quite ill with this having managed to avoid any infections for the whole time it has been about. The end result of this was that in my brain fog, my only excuse, I attempted to re -install my Macs operating system and totally wiped all my data. Not too bad because I had back ups but the result has been that I have lost my version of DS and am having a real problem getting the latest version for Mac 64 bit downloaded.

Its been a long time since I actually downloaded DS, simply upgrading regularly was fine, but now I cant work out how to do this. I get hung up with Daz cental which just seems to offer the download but then does nothing for ages except just sit there. Or with DIM which I cant work out how to download studio itself with.

Can anyone please tell me step by step how to install studio on a mac mini M1....

Post edited by deeahr2169 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

Some Mac users have found Daz Install manger more effective v - but in any event you will need to tell gatekeeper to allow it to run and install files.

• deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449

I have no idea what you mean by  gatekeeper. I have Daz central installed and am able to download studio but when I hit the download link everything just grinds to a halt. Is this due to my data connection,  if so perhaps just leaving it might be the answer