Male Anatomical Element Texture Problem

Neb9038Neb9038 Posts: 0

Hi,

I'm using the XY penis for G8M, and when I apply the it to the character in the order it says in the instructions, it does get applied, but it makes the torso of the character white. (See Picture)

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

Are you using a Genesis 8.1 Male character? If so that is not uncommon as the changed surface names confuse the visibility settings - select the Geometry Shell that has been applied to the figure and then use the Paarmeters pane to turn off the unneeded bits. You may also need to apply the item to a Genseis 8 Male and then copy the surface settings across (click with the Surface Selection tool to seelct, then use the edit>Copy/Edit>Paste menus).

• Neb9038Neb9038 Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you using a Genesis 8.1 Male character? If so that is not uncommon as the changed surface names confuse the visibility settings - select the Geometry Shell that has been applied to the figure and then use the Paarmeters pane to turn off the unneeded bits. You may also need to apply the item to a Genseis 8 Male and then copy the surface settings across (click with the Surface Selection tool to seelct, then use the edit>Copy/Edit>Paste menus).

Thank you,

It simply helped to use a genesis 8 model instead. I tried to copy the surfaces from the genesis 8 model over to a genesis 8.1 model, but the torso stays white. There is a node called XY and one called XY Shell, but the surfaces are different between G8 and G8.1 so I can't copy it one to one, so I properly don't apply it to the right surface.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,149
    I have had a similar problem with Geoshells before. Make sure you apply the default Uber Iray shader on the Geoshell first, before trying to apply the texture. It won't take textures you copy unless the Geoshell is set up for Iray. (The default is 3Delight.)