My renders have so much noise! Help!

Good day! I'm using Daz for a project I'm working on, but my work always ends up having so much noise. I tried maxing the max sample slider and turning off the timer, but it didn't fix the problem. I also saw that turning off the quality can fix it, but I also saw the opposite being said. Honestly, it's a bit confusing. Thank you for anyone able to help!

Oh, and if anyone also knows a way to make the breast and shirt interaction look more natural. It would be appreciated!

P_6_MC POV.png
1920 x 1080 - 3M

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529
    edited April 2023

How is the scene being lit? It's an enclosed (or partially enclosed, at least) space so external lights (HDRIs, distant lights, Sun/Sky) will be blocked - only the light that bounces in through any openings and then around to the target areas will contribute, which means it will take a lot longer for most pixels to be hit by enough light rays to settle on a final value - in the meantime they will take a scattering of values depending on exactly which light rays hit them, which is the noise you see.

Breasts like that on a frame like that would be tricky to dress in reality, but you could try using dForce and using a dForm to adjust the starting shape of the shirt to relfect the cut of a real shirt. Using a PlayRange simulation starting from the base shape may give better results than starting from the final shape, which will then be projected into the shirt.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • hopeisnum1hopeisnum1 Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

How is the scene being lit? It's an enclosed (or partially enclosed, at least) space so external lights (HDRIs, distant lights, Sun/Sky) will be blocked - only the light that bounces in through any openings and then around to the target areas will contribute, which means it will take a lot longer for most pixels to be hit by enough light rays to settle on a final value - in the meantime they will take a scattering of values depending on exactly which light rays hit them, which is the noise you see.

Breasts like that on a frame like that would be tricky to dress in reality, but you could try using dForce and using a dForm to adjust the starting shape of the shirt to relfect the cut of a real shirt. Using a PlayRange simulation starting from the base shape may give better results than starting from the final shape, which will then be projected into the shirt.

So it's not a settings issue, but a lighting issue. Thanks!

That's true. I'll see what I can do!

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

Fit Control can also help with the shirt/breast interaction, at least getting you part way there. 

They have it for Genesis 2, 3, and 8. Here is a link for Genesis 8: https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-8-female-s

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,784

In addition to Fit Control there is also Sickleyield's SY Clothing Breast Helper Genesis 8 Female (G9 version or G1/2/3 version)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Have you tried setting Environment Mode, for the render setting options to "Scene Only"

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Also note that many VN run theire images through a denoiser to give it the clean, crisp look.

https://www.topazlabs.com/denoise-ai