Can I change the default Color/Opacity of new primitive planes?

I find myself making new planes a lot and each time I do, I have to go change the color of the plane and its opacity each time. This is annoying and time consuming. Is there a way to have all new planes I make have a different default color and opacity level so I dont have to manually change it each time? Daz seems to remember the last size of the plane I am using which is nice, but why not other settings?

Its useful for me to have it set to a see through grey so I can level items and figures to the ground and spot when im hovering or below the ground. When I make a new plane, its always solid black. I cant work with that. 

Comments

• Not as far as I know, but you could save a materials preset (since all primitives have the same surface name) or sahder preset (if you want to be able to use it on imported OBJ files too) with just the settings you want to alter checked in the options dialogue, then make it a custom action (right-click on the saved file) and use Window>Workspace>Customise to add it to the menu or toolbar you wish.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Create a primitive plane the way you want it, and then adjust the surface setting to your desired opacity and color tone. 

Now save that as a scene subset in a common location where you always will be using it  with a name that has a 1A in it. Numerics sort to the top of the page.

Now you just click on that whenever you need it,  it loads exactly the same place everytime already with the correct surface you expect.  Much time saved.

• Jason89Jason89 Posts: 9

Richard Haseltine said:

Not as far as I know, but you could save a materials preset (since all primitives have the same surface name) or sahder preset (if you want to be able to use it on imported OBJ files too) with just the settings you want to alter checked in the options dialogue, then make it a custom action (right-click on the saved file) and use Window>Workspace>Customise to add it to the menu or toolbar you wish.

FirstBastion said:

Create a primitive plane the way you want it, and then adjust the surface setting to your desired opacity and color tone. 

Now save that as a scene subset in a common location where you always will be using it  with a name that has a 1A in it. Numerics sort to the top of the page.

Now you just click on that whenever you need it,  it loads exactly the same place everytime already with the correct surface you expect.  Much time saved.

Thank you guys so much
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,232

I think I forgot that an object's surface can have varying degrees of opacity. I have historically made these sorts of adjustments by rendering as a TIFF, eg. with a transparent background. From there I'll paste the area into my scene as a numbered layer in an image editor, and I'll adjust the opacity from there. I also go a step (or steps!) further - I'll load multiple copies of the rendered object or area, and I'll cut away parts with a feathered Lasso tool before pasting back a/the "master" copy and adjusting the transparency of the newly pasted layer. Oh noooo!!! Now I have to drive all the way out to your place and kill you. devil