Pivot point of figure messed up

BobbyboeBobbyboe Posts: 6
edited April 2023 in New Users

Could someone please help me to understand how the tranformation-gizmo`s position of a figure is influenced?

Situation:

I am using selfmade posing presets on my selfmade characters (as most of us do I guess).

It happens often, that when I would like to transform my selected character,

the transformation gizmo is far away from the figure (makes it difficult to adjust of course).

How I tried to solve the problem:

The first time this happened, I didn think about WHY this had happened,

but I (re)positioned a green littl arror-angle  using the "joint editor" as I had seen in a video tutorial.

Unortunatly, as this was obviously not the way to solving that problem at the root,

I am finding myself all over again in that same problem. frown

I am doing something wrong and there must be some missunderstanding on my side.

Can any body help? 

• Is there any comand like "set origin to figure"? (similar to Blender)
  • How did I probably mess up my pivot point? 
  • Is changing the green (or red) cross angle arrows with joint editor a good way to correct it?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Post edited by Bobbyboe on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529
    edited April 2023

The problem is that you have used the translations on the hip to move the figure. Unless it is part of a group pose, where you need one figure positioned relative to another, keep the translations zeroed and use the figure node for scene placement. Aside from avoiding this issue, that also means you can use the same placement pose - applied to the figure node - for all figures regardless of the pose-pose applied.

If you don't want to move the hip back to zero and then apply the trasnlation to the figure node you could parent the figure to a new null , place it under the figure, and parent the figure to it - that will then be usable as the figure node would be.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BobbyboeBobbyboe Posts: 6

Thank you - I have choosen the first method.
    So, the little green and red cross-arrows shouldnt be used?
    The red one doesnt seem to do anything.

• I would not use the Joint Editor as that is over-complex and potentially laying booby traps against future actions.