How to integrate with Photoshop

This is likely a dumb question, but since I'm really new to 3D modeling in general as well as Daz Studio, hopefully this is the right place to ask. Please bear in mind when answering that I've gained about as much proficiency as one can get after going through the tutorials that Daz offers. I can find my way around the UI, make a basic scene, and render it.

So, my goal is to make a spooky zombie apocolypse scene, and to that end I bought some of Ron's stuff, like Ron's Blood, Ooze, etc. I didn't realize that they're actually Photoshop filters and I have no idea how to actually apply them into my scene. Could someone give me a high level idea of how I can add blood spatters and drool using these photoshoppy things?

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited April 2023

These are not filters but layers including transparency that you can add to Image Maps by editing them in Photoshop or GIMP. Depending on the usage, it will also be necessary to create opacity masks from these files, for example for a Diffuse Overlay Map. It should also be possible to use them in the Layered Image Editor included in Daz Studio.

Better to be familiar with the Surfaces Tab settings and do your own experiments before embarking on a big project.

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • rosseliani said:

These are not filters but layers including transparency that you can add to Image Maps by editing them in Photoshop or GIMP. Depending on the usage, it will also be necessary to create opacity masks from these files, for example for a Diffuse Overlay Map. It should also be possible to use them in the Layered Image Editor included in Daz Studio.

Better to be familiar with the Surfaces Tab settings and do your own experiments before embarking on a big project.

Do you happen to know of any good tutorials for the Surfaces Tab and the Layered Image Editor? 

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

his.royal.duckness said:

rosseliani said:

Do you happen to know of any good tutorials for the Surfaces Tab and the Layered Image Editor? 

Check the WP Guru channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@WPguru ; and use google to search, for example: "daz surfaces tutorial" or "daz LIE " , you'll find a lot of free help.

• I second WP GURU on youtube. Every time I get stuck, he has a video that helps me.