How do I make custom angled surfaces?

This might be in the wrong forum (and maybe the wrong website) but I figured I'd start here.

Let's say I've rendered the attached image and I want to change the newspaper, like add my own headlines or images or whatever.

How would I do it?

I'm assuming I'd do it in Gimp. While Googling I came across another thread on this forum in which someone was asking something similar, and the response was that because Daz doesn't have a text editor, one would need to do it in an image editor.

Here's where I hit a dead end, because if you search "how to make a newspaper in Gimp" on Google, you'll get tutorials on how to make newspaper-style text and how to make your image look faded and newspapery, but not how to impose that image onto a prop that a character is holding at an angle like in the attached image.

I'm assuming that there IS some way to do it, and that there's some weird specific esoteric word for the tool (like "Angular Image Modifier" or something) but I don't know what that term would be and therefore what to search.

TL;DR: you want to impose a custom image onto the newspaper in the attached image. You open up Gimp to do so. What do you call the tools you'd use to make it happen?

newspaper.jpg
1300 x 956 - 72K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited February 2023

Do you have to do it once the image is rendered? Because creating a custom texture for the newspaper to use in your scene before rendering might be easier.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

Do you have to do it once the image is rendered? Because creating a custom texture for the newspaper to use in your scene before rendering might be easier.

Your logic is rock solid.

Thank you Leana.