How do you align the arm joints?

I've spent 3 hours trying to understand the joint editor. Got the basics down(Well,I guess lol today is brain fog day) but I'm still without a clue how to align these joints. I want to align them so I can rig the model in Mixamo and then use it in Clipstudio Paint. I have no knowledge of 3d models except for moving them.  

85AC9511-9549-4D8D-BB14-797F0646C49C.jpeg
2311 x 1531 - 243K

Comments

• Taylor-S-RoseTaylor-S-Rose Posts: 79
    edited February 2023

You do it using the Scene tab (please see attached).

As you can see I've loaded Aiko 8 and stuck her in an outfit. To pose her I go into the Scene tab and find "Aiko 8". From there I go to "Hip", "Abdomen Lower" (or "Pelvis"), then "Chest Lower", etc etc and eventually you'll get to the forearms, hands, fingers, shins, toes, and so on.

On the lower right you see the "sliders". So for this example I slid the "Side-Side" slider all the way to the left, which prompted Aiko to lean to the left. And because "Abdomen lower" is highlighted, she bends at her lower abdomen.

As you can probably deduce, if I had -- say -- "Left Forearm bend" highlighted, her left forearm would move, which if I am understanding your question is what you are trying to do.

If you don't have the "Scene" tab visible, go up to your filebar > Window > Panes (Tabs) > Scene.

The box with the sliders in it is under filebar > Window > Panes (Tabs) > Parameters.

I'm a bit unclear on what you mean by "align" the joints so I hope I am interpreting you correctly.

Daz explanation.jpg
    1917 x 1016 - 316K
    Post edited by Taylor-S-Rose on