Give a Figure B the pose and the coordinate of a Figure A.

Hi :)
I have a question about a task that I need to complete quickly. I have 900 scenes ready to render, but I need to change the main character used in most of them. The original character is a Genesis 8, but I want to replace it with a Genesis 8.1.

I've tried copying and pasting, but when I copy the coordinates, it also copies the shape, so I have to reset the shape and add the base again to the new character. They don't have the same shape.

For the copy-pasting, I first right-click on the base character, select "Copy", then "Copy Figure". Then I click on the target character, right-click on the parameters and select "Paste to Figure Pose".

For the location, I click on the base figure, parametrers tab, genesis 8, general, transform, copy selected items. Then, I click on the target figure, parameters, genesis 8.1, transform, past to selected items.

The coordinate pasting works, but the shape also gets pasted. Do you know of a faster way to do this? I asked an AI to write a script, but it only swap the characters. Can someone who understands this language try to modify? I only want to copy past the localization and the posing to a figure A to B.

(function(){   /*********************************************************************/   // String : A function for retrieving a translation if one exists   function text( sText )   {      // If the version of the application supports qsTr()      if( typeof( qsTr ) != "undefined" ){         // Return the translated (if any) text         return qsTr( sText );      }      // Return the original text      return sText;   };   // Define common message variables   var sButton = text( "&OK" );   // Get the selected nodes   var aNodes = Scene.getSelectedNodeList();   // Get the number of nodes   var nNodes = aNodes.length;   if( nNodes != 2 ){      // We're done...      MessageBox.warning( "Please select exactly two items in the scene before invoking this script", "Selection Error", sButton, "" );      return;   }   var oNode1 = aNodes[0];   var oNode2 = aNodes[1];   var vPos1 = oNode1.getWSPos();   var vPos2 = oNode2.getWSPos();   oNode1.setWSPos(vPos2);   oNode2.setWSPos(vPos1);   // Finalize the function and invoke})();

Thank you very much.

Comments

• When using one of the sample scripts please make sure that you adhere to the CC 3.0 by attribution license.

If you are pasting use Edit>Paste>Paste Figure Pose; if you are using a script per node then you need to make sure what you are copying has has a relevant type - /modifier/pose - but I am not seeing how to retrieve that by script (it isn't in the DzPropertySettings for the property, although everything else from the Parameter Settings dialogue seems to be - maybe metadata instead).