What tool(s) should I use for object (non-figure, non-wardrobe) creation?

Question for the group:

I'd like to start dabbling in creating my own models/assets for Daz. However I'm actually interested in creating objects (things, terrain, vehicles... stuff) and not figures or clothing at this time.

I'm totally new to this, so was curious what tool(s) I should start learning/studying to take on this task. I know of Hexagon, Blender, and ZBrush - which would people recommend I start dabbling/learning with in order to eventually try to make some objects?

For textures and such, I already own the Affinity line of products (Designer, Photo, Publisher) - so those would be my Photoshop/Illustrator analogues for textures. But I'm not sure what tool I should focus on for the modeling.

Thank you for any comments/recommendations.

Comments

• People have used all of those. What sort of objects? I'm not sure ZBrush would be the first choice for hard-surface items, but it might well be best of more organic forms.

• Richard Haseltine said:

People have used all of those. What sort of objects? I'm not sure ZBrush would be the first choice for hard-surface items, but it might well be best of more organic forms.

Sci-fi objects. Robots, vehicles, spaceships, interiors of buildings/spaceships, etc...

Yeah, I was thinking that I could skip ZBrush for now, since 90% of my work would be hard surfaces...