Double library with 100GB+ data... How to fix?

Hi.
I am new, have nearly zero experience, and I assumed that if I don't change any setting stuff should just work.

So, I install Daz Install Manager first, log in. Do not change ANY settings. It offers a default set of things to be installe, including Studio, Ok. Studio is installed. I do not open Studio yet
Then I hit refresh and Daz Install Manager lists a bunch of things to dowload and install, in total 100GB+ (gen1 to gen9).
Few hours later...
After everything is downloaded and installed I open Studio, I log in. I DONOT change any settings. My "Smart content" pane has all my items listed, but all are grey. I select all, right click and "install".
100GB+ and many hours later it has downloaded everything AGAIN and installed it too.
Now I have duplicate stuff and it feels stupid. I have 2 questions:

1) What have I done wrong and what should I do it next time to prevent this?

2) How do I fix it now?

Screenshot_20230120_021126.png

Comments

• DIM is isntalling to the Public Documents folder but you have only the prvate documents folder selected as a content directory - you need to add the Public Documents/My Daz 3D Library/ folder as a Daz Studio and Poser Format content directory. If you are using DIM to install there is no need to have Daz Studio go online at all.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

Stay with DIM, you will be glad in the long run. As Richard said, do not log in from Studio. (Make sure you do not have "Automatically Login with Remembered Credentials" checked in Preferences->Startup). What hasn't been said is how to correct the situation now. You must uninstall everything that you installed from within Studio. Yes, everything, otherwise you will still have two copies of everything. Keep the DIM installations, with the path added to your library settings.

You might want to consider how much disk space you will need in the future. 100 GB is a relatively small amount, but you will be surprised how fast it will grow, especially if you are keeping your downloads and the library on the same disk. Secondary drives, internal and/or external, will come in handy. You can move the library later, if needed, with little effort, so don't worry too much, yet.

• Thank you. I will uninstall stuff from Studio and will keep using DIM to download new products.