Genesis 9 to Character Creator 4

I have tried my luck at Gen9 exports to CC4. CC4 loads the character; but the character eyes are always blank (all white) and it has a heck of a time trying to rig the bones accurately. Is there something I am missing?

Comments

• Rocco_9Rocco_9 Posts: 11

It is certainly possible. Before exporting your Gen 9 figure from Studio, make sure you right click on the Gen 9 figure in the Scene tab and select "All" which makes sure all your bones, clothes, hair goes over into the exported fbx.

Importing the figure into CC4, don't use Transformer, (although I guess there will be an update to correct this in future), instead import your figure as a Human-Non Standard. Close the Characterization tab. Next, open the AccuRIG tab, select Create Guides and click OK. When that finishes, select Generate Skeleton from the AccuRIG menu and let CC4 do its thing. When that finishes, select Bind Skin and let that finish.

Then you can click on Check Animation and select a Motion, to make sure everything is working fine.  

The figure still has the scary white eyes, so come out of AccuRIG and go to Edit Mesh in the CC4 menu. Select Sculpt, then click on the eyeball symbol next to Brush Type. Adjust the Radius of the red circle to be the same size as the eye and click on the eyeballs. You will get the pupils back - WOO HOO!

Then click carefully on any white areas still visible around the eyes, including the surrounding whites and also the "tear" area, adjusting the radius as needed. This is a bit fiddly, but worth spending a bit of time getting this right. You can go out of Edit Mesh mode to check what it looks like, go back in to have another tweak if you need - it might take a few goes to get everything covered. 

After that, you should be good to go. 

• mickhiganmickhigan Posts: 3
    edited January 2023

You are amazing. Thank you

EDIT: Everything worked "flawlessly" (aside from trying to sculpt very tiny vertices). Now, I have my non-Raiden-eyed character set with that. I do have another issue; how do I get to activate the features CC4 offers? When I try to add a beard, for instance, it will say this character does not support 'x' or "This file contains beard or brows that are only supported for CC3+ characters." The same for facial expressions and all of the facial morphing sliders are grayed out/unusable. 

This sucks because 99.999999% of all the fun stuff can't be used. I figure I am just slow but I can't find any documentation for direct fixes. I have no problems with the 8/8.1 Gens; but the Gen9 is rough to play with to say the least. 

I appreciate your help regardless. Your help has gotten me a lot further than I would have gotten on my own. Thank you again.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 173330.png
    1455 x 806 - 583K
    Post edited by mickhigan on
  • An update to the white eye issue - someone pointed out to me that you can select the eye components in Materials in the Modify tab and adjust the Opacity level for each. So select Eye Moisture_Left, Eye Moisture_Right and Tear and then adjust Opacity to your liking. This seems easier than the fiddly method I was using, clicking on all the parts under the Edit Mesh tab...

• Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 305
    edited February 2023

I feel like the only way this can be done is A, wait until Reallusion updates CC4's DAZ Transfer tool to accept Genesis 9 (yet seeing that it took them until the next version of Genesis released, I doubt they'd update it until Genesis 10/X or a Genesis 9.1 comes out) or B, wait until we can get some Genesis 9 to Genesis 8/8.1 morph conversion tools for sale on here. Either wait Genesis 9 isn't going to work with CC4 for a good time, sadly.

Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
  • Regarding your issue of  Gen 9 not performing as a CC3+ character in CC4. I THINK this is because the Gen 9 character isn't coming into CC4 through Transformer, which, as we know, doesn't work yet with Gen 9. Transformer does convert the Studio character into CC3+ and works fine with Gen 3, Gen 8.

I am not entirely sure about this, but that is my best guess, for what it is worth.

Gen 9 is very new, but I am also guessing Reallusion will bring out an update for this, hopefully in the near future...

• Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 305
    edited February 2023

Rocco_9 said:

Regarding your issue of  Gen 9 not performing as a CC3+ character in CC4. I THINK this is because the Gen 9 character isn't coming into CC4 through Transformer, which, as we know, doesn't work yet with Gen 9. Transformer does convert the Studio character into CC3+ and works fine with Gen 3, Gen 8.

I am not entirely sure about this, but that is my best guess, for what it is worth.

Gen 9 is very new, but I am also guessing Reallusion will bring out an update for this, hopefully in the near future...

yeah, the Transformer tool feels like a bandaid short-cut to import outside figures into CC, yet the shortcut was made due to 3Dxchange at the time being so old and outdated it wasn't compatible with CC1/CC2/CC3 to the point where they completely scrapped it in favor of what's in CC4/iC8 and hell, there's not even any full Genesis 8.1 support (though it works when doing workarounds in DAZ to trick CC4 into thinking it's a Genesis 8 figure) so it's possible that they are going to get rid of the transformer tool in favor of Advanced AccuRig, since Reallusion was supposed to get Geograph support by CC4.1, and yet still had problems even though they've been trying since CC3 launched and AccuRig works with multiple meshes.

Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
  • angeivangeiv Posts: 0

Probably. but the transform tool made one thing great. It converted the character to a CC character. therefore you could make the character shape as a morph, or apply CC morphs to it. or auto comfort the clothes to the character. Can you do the same with AccuRig?