I need a super simple way to install zip files

2»

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,784

gecko89 said:

I HAD to select the Manual Install Option because that was the only download option which worked.

What else did you try as you do not appear to have explained any of that?  You still have not mentioned which of the three Daz-supplied installers that you use. How did you even get Daz Studio installed on your machine?

I use DIM and so I can just click on the "Install Manager Ready" button and that will open DIM and offer up the product for installation (if not already installed). Even if I don't do that I can just run DIM directly and it will go look for any purchased products that are not installed and offer to install them with a click or two. I believe Daz Central would be similar in that it would offer a way to install the product for you if you tried. For Daz Connect, if you use that, I think you could just search for it in Daz Studio and it should show it as a greyed-out icon and double-clicking it would install it.

• gecko89gecko89 Posts: 36

Richard Haseltine said:

Why not use Install Manager? (Almost) anthing you purchase from Daz will be available through that.

I did.

I don't know how to use it.

What I mean by that is DIM says it is downloaded and installed. (Content Wizard) Now what?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

gecko89 said:

What I mean by that is DIM says it is downloaded and installed. (Content Wizard) Now what?

There is a "Detailed User Guide (.PDF)", which can be found in "/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Content Wizard/"

Content Wizard said it is unzipped and installed.

Daz Studio says no.

Hmmm

gecko89 said:

Daz Studio says no.

Hmmm

Where and how are you looking for it? 

Sorry I'm not getting this. I'm following the instructions for Content Wizard and its just not working.

PerttiA said:

gecko89 said:

Daz Studio says no.

Hmmm

Where and how are you looking for it? 

Ptops> install.

I know to look there for products -  in grey - that I can install. Nope. I also searched my Content Library. Nope.

I used the Install Wizard to unzip and install. I selected it to be saved in Props. Nope. It didn't.

It is not in downloaded props or available to download props. I serached my Content Library again. Nope.

I closed Daz Studio and opened it back up, and checked again. Nope.

First of all, stop logging in to DS, if you are seeing gray thumbnails, that is because you are logging in.

In Content Library, you can see a heading "DAZ Studio Formats", it has a triangle next to it, click at the triangle to expand the folders inside. You will then probably see a folder "My Library", click at the triangle to expand the folders inside.
    You will see a list of folders and one of them is called Scripts, click at the triangle to expand the folders inside and one of the folders is called RiverSoft Art, click at the triangle next to it and you will see a folder called Content Wizard. Inside that folder you will find the scripts to operate Content Wizard.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883
    edited January 2023

This one is pretty simple to use, and it has a video tutorial:

https://3dcontentmanagers.com/cont-inst.html

Select the library you want to install to, load the zip files, select the one you want to instrall and click "Extract All". You can uninstall them the same way by clicking "Remove All" instead..

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited January 2023

I already got the Content Wizard installed. I'm trying to use it to unzip and install something else. I found the instructions for it and I've been going through it over and over again and getting nowhere. The Wizard says it is unzipped  and installed. But if it is, I can't find it. Anywhere. I  did repeated searches for it. Nope, nope nope.

Post edited by gecko89 on

You are not telling us enough, we can't see what you are doing, so you must tell us.

What are you trying to install now, which product?

• gecko89 said:

Daz Studio says no.

Hmmm

It may be that the path set in Install Manager does not match the paths et in Daz Studio. Download this script http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config_import/start , using the link above the code, andd rag the downloaded file into the Daz Studio Viewport to run it. See if you can then find Content Wizard 9and any other content you have isntalled through Install Manager).

OK I found it, finally. It was put in a weird place, organized by the name of the vendor instead of what I named the file.

PerttiA said:

You are not telling us enough, we can't see what you are doing, so you must tell us.

What are you trying to install now, which product?

I got it, at least this one. I got the idea to search for the Vendor Name instead of the Product Name and found it. I don't know why it did that, but at least for now I know where to get it. I suppose that's always something I can change later, but for now it works.

Everyone please bear with me. I know i'm not very tech savvy and on top of it my brain is not wired normally.

OK I got another one. It's saving things in wierd places, but I know how to deal with that.

Thanks everyone!

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 400
    edited January 2023

gecko89, to add content you have gathered outside Daz, I will guide you to the process, so please pay attention.

Your content can be from many sites, You need to organize them for easy access, create a folder, name it whatever you like.

Just remember the name of the folder you created and be sure to get what  you want.

I have created a folder in my Windows 11 Hard Disk (you can use Windows 10 if you have that installed)

Now, all what you need is a compression utility like PeaZip https://peazip.github.io/

This is a free Windows utility for decompressing Zip files.

In the examples I give you, I use WinRar https://www.rarlab.com/ ;

This utility is not free, the price is reasonable at comparison to other programs of its class.

Make sure the content you download is suitable for Daz Studio in the product page, otherwise you will have a bad moment and don't know what to do next.

My content is saved in C:\Drivers and Apps\3D\Daz3D Freebies

In this example, I want to add zoro_d_chameleon-rose2-for-genesis-8-female zip file.

All I have to do is locate the corresponding Zip file in this location (it can be any location you want, as long as you can be sure to get that)

C:\Drivers and Apps\3D\Daz3D Freebies\Renderosity\Daz3D\Characters\zoro_d

In between, Renderosity is one of the folders where I save any free content, Daz3D subfolder is the Daz Studio content that is needed.

There are other content for different applications like Blender, Poser and more.

Characters folder is where I can save some of the very nice figures it can be either Male or Female

Last but not least, zoro_d is the folder containing the content under his name.

When saving content is a must to organize it from where have you have downloaded it, the format being used for and the author/creator name.

I do create a Word file, so I can know the details and the download link for future reference.

Select the zip file you want to add content from by right-click of mouse or double-click to opem it.

When the Zip file is open, do this

If there is a content folder click on that, this action will open the content structure.

Now, in this example, there are four folders: data, Documentation, People and Runtime

These folders have been selected

In WinRar, I click on  Extract To icon (something similar can be achieved with any other program)

When The Extract To dialog box opens, go to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library

In WinRar click OK, other programs may be the same or have an Extract button.

All the selected folders are extracted to their respective locations

You can check the results by opening DAZ Studio 4.x (the version you are currently using)

Use Content Library to see any content you added.

Some zip files has the same structure but some do not have the required structure and end up badly.

I hope you have understood my instructions and be helpful for you or anyone that needs to do the samer as you.

Locate Zip File.jpg
    2820 x 1487 - 509K
    Open Zip File.jpg
    2834 x 1483 - 641K
    Explore Zip File Content.jpg
    2855 x 1470 - 667K
    Select the folders.jpg
    2855 x 1470 - 738K
    Extract Zip File Folders Dialog Box.jpg
    1330 x 1197 - 595K
    Extract the Folders files Here.jpg
    1330 x 1197 - 640K