[SOLVED] Use my custom preset?

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143
edited February 2023 in New Users

Hello there,

What is the proper way to save my custom character preset (I mean the body and face shapes, the character shapes) in a way I can use it on a new character?

Starting from a G9 dev character, I've made the changes, I can save them but... how to make them re-usable on another G9 character as a loadable character preset?

Side question, but somehow related since it prevents me to create a "new product" : how do I update the database? There is a directory on my second drive but I can't manage to add it.

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited January 2023

Is your character's shape a custom morph you created, or a preset using existing morphs? In the second case, do you want it to be available as a dial on new figures, or do you simply want to be able to apply the same values on a new figure?

Post edited by Leana on
  • In fact my problem was mostly to be able to find my preset and to use them again, from DAZ.

Creating a folder in my DAZ custom directory, connected to the DAZ database and DAZ files solved my problem. Now it's easier to find my preset and to create product from them.