how re-install CMS [SOLVE]

PMarcPMarc Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

On w7 64bit I install Daz V4.5 but the CMS don't want install.
During the install prodedure, I have a bug message "Problem during CMS install, please contact daz3d/i/support

Before, on the same computer I have install Daz v3.2 and the CMS don't work also.

I have uninstall all daz, all cms, erase directory, reboot, etc....

Impossible to install CMS
Is there an other way, an install for only CMS ?

thank you for your instruction

Marc
(French)

Post edited by PMarc on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2012

The CMS only works with DS4, so you wont find any use for it in DS3.

What version of DS4 are you trying to install?

The normal way to re-install the CMS, is to uninstall it first from the Start menu, then re-install the latest version of DAZ Studio. Did you try that?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • PMarcPMarc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The CMS only works with DS4, so you wont find any use for it in DS3.
    Yes I know but my stuff is EMPTY and the CMS directory is also empty

What version of DS4 are you trying to install?

The last 4.5

The normal way to re-install the CMS, is to uninstall it first from the Start menu, then re-install the latest version of DAZ Studio. Did you try that?
    YES
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2012

it is old documents , but first time I met trouble about install ds 4 and cms,
    I corrected it by this tutorial,,

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20779763-how-to-remove-daz-studio-4-and-cms-pc

someparts may not much 4.5 rc,
    but many of them help you,,

as you know, it is better and easy choose default setting .
    but if you did not choose default location for cms and customize when you installed ds 4 again,
    the install setting may remain after you reinstall ds 4. so you can not choose right default location.

and if there is problem of your pc setting.,,,

you log in windows as just user or administrator priviledge?

and I now checked again this documents,,
    they seem change or lose the section, about how to deleate ini file

so I serched my HD to find old documents.

=============================================
    How to remove DAZ Studio 4 and CMS (PC)
    Kraig Hausmann December 13, 2011
    For a small amount of users, the CMS (Content Management Service) will not work properly, sometimes due to a poor install choice. Regardless of the cause, it is necessary for DAZ Studio 4 and CMS to be removed in a more thorough way. This method removes the DAZ Studio 4 and CMS applications and also information associated with the CMS. It's necessary to remove this information so that DAZ Studio and the CMS can be properly re-installed.

Do not use this method just because you want to remove DAZ Studio 4. This method should only be used if your DAZ Studio 4 installation lacks a properly functioning CMS. For all other circumstances, you should just use the uninstaller which will work just fine.

This procedure may take about 30 minutes to do, depending upon the speed of the user. It requires that you are logged into an administrator account in Windows. You should not have third-party apps, including antivirus, running when you are installing or uninstalling the software. This is standard procedure for dealing with installing and uninstalling software.

This method requires you to browse to your C: drive (or the drive on which you installed DAZ Studio 4 and the CMS if you did not choose the default). For several steps, you will be given a path on your hard drive that you'll need to browse to. For example, if you see a path like this:
    c:\Program Files
    Then you need to browse to your c: drive and then go to the Program Files folder. This is not the same as going to 'All Programs.' You may need to use 'All Programs' to get to your c: drive, but 'All Programs' is not the destination. This article will require you to go to several different places on your hard drive.

1. Run the uninstaller for DAZ Studio 4. If you've already done this, move to the next step. You can find the uninstaller for DAZ Studio 4 here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers

or here if you have a 32-bit system:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers

In the 'Uninstallers' folder, find and run this icon: Remove-DAZStudio4_Win32.exe. If you are dealing with the 64-bit version, the name of the uninstaller will be this: Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe. To use the uninstaller, simply double-click the file.

2. Run the uninstaller for CMS. Normally, the uninstaller can be found here:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\Uninstallers

The name of the file is Remove-DAZContentManagementService.exe. Double-click the file to run it. If you do not find the uninstall in the above given path, you may be able to find it in the next step.

3. In this step, we will be using information in a file called 'dzinstall.ini.' First, lets find this file.

WINDOWS VISTA and WINDOWS 7

Go to Start --> Search Programs and Files. In the Window, type %ProgramData% and then press enter on the keyboard. This should open the Program Data folder. Inside here, find the folder called DAZ 3D and open it. Inside of this folder, look for the file called dzInstall.ini and open it. You should be able to view it in notepad or wordpad on your PC.

4. Now that you have the dzInstall.ini file, you can open it. Usually, just double-clicking the file will open it in a text viewer. In the file, find this entry: "InstallPath=" Look at the information that comes after the equals (=) sign. If the location given, for example is, C:\\Program Files\\DAZ 3D\\Content Management Service, then that is the place where you need to browse to. If the path shown is different, then you need to browse to that folder specified. If this path given is different from the standard path (C:\\Program Files\\DAZ 3D\\Content Management Service), then you should also run the uninstaller file here.

5. Once you've dealt with the uninstaller for CMS, delete the CMS folder. This is the CMS folder that the previous step (4) showed you how to find. Also delete the dzInstall.ini file that the prevoius step showed you how to find. This is really important. If you don't delete this information, then re-installing DAZ Studio 4 will not resolve the CMS issue.

6. This step is to make absolutely certain that the CMS has been deleted from the computer. Open a command prompt as an administrator. Here is how to do this:

A. Go to Start menu->All Programs->Accessories

B. Right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator"

C. Type the text below exactly as shown in the window and press enter:

sc delete DAZContentManagementService

If you get a message that it is not there, don't worry. It's already been removed and we're ready to move onto the next step.

7. Restart your PC. Reinstall DAZ Studio 4 using the latest installer. At the time of this article, the installer is version 4.0.3.19. It is recommended that you *not* choose a custom path for the content directory manager. Leave the box for customizing the CMS unchecked.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited August 2012

I have read and execute:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123809-creating-a-customized-content-library-with-content-manager
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1810/
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20779763-how-to-remove-daz-studio-4-and-cms-pc

For the 5 or 6 time I have make this process with no result...

But for th 7 time, as you said me, I remake it step by step and ... the secret is :
    "It is recommended that you *not* choose a custom path for the content directory manager. Leave the box for customizing the CMS unchecked"
    It's not recommended it's mandatory ;o)
    With autoamatique path for CMS all is Ok

I have also stop my anti-virus during the install porcess

Thank for your support

Marc

Post edited by PMarc on
    edited December 1969

FINALY,

STOP THE ANTI-VIR (Trend-micro on my computer) is THE SOLUTION .

With no anti-vir the CMS can be installed with success !

(Reconnect it after ;o)

Cordialy

Marc