DAZ3D how to apply Shader to part of a body?

I have some stock G8 figures. I wanted to apply some custom textures to part of the body. for example - In a G8F figure -  I want to apply a BLUE colored Shader to the head so the head looks BLUE but leave the rest of the skin intact.

Is this possible to do in DAZ3D? If yes  - how do I go about this? 

PS: Currently when I got to Surfaces Menu and apply the texture the whole body becomes BLUE. Goal is to only make the head blue but the Surfaces Menu does not give a breakdown of the G8F asset based (head/body/legs etc) similar to some clothing props unfortunately.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

G8 should come with several material zones like the clothing you mentioned when you go to the surfaces tab (see image). if it doesn't then there is a problem

surfaces2.jpg
    788 x 754 - 347K
  • There are multiple ways to do this...  it all revolves around surfaces, as FSMC mentioned above me. However... the problem with that is that you'll always have to work with pre-determined sufaces. For example: both arms and both legs are part of the same surface group (arms and legs respectively). Meaning? If you try to change one arm you'll change both!

Instead select the geometry editor tool (I marked it in my screenshot) and then select the area which you want to edit. Optionally you can right click to change the selection mode. Then, after you have a selection right click and then use: "Geometry assignment => Create surface from selected". Now you can find this new surface area within the surfaces pane, amongst the other surfaces.

So if you edit that part it will only affect that section only. So... one arm for example, or part of a leg (as in my example).

Hope this can help!

g8_surfaces.png
    1920 x 1040 - 394K
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849