How do I import an underlay image

I'm looking to import a 2d underlay background image into daz to use as a refrence guide for posing a figure. After spending way too much time trying to find information on how this is done with no luck, I figured it'd probably be faster to ask the forum.  Can someone either show me where to find the tutorial on this or walk me through how it's done?

Thanks

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,064
    edited December 2022

you can use one in Environment Background or just on a plane primitive in the base in surface, the latter is often easier as you can intersect the figure with it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 2022

A looooong time ago I wrote a tutorial to show how to add an image to a DAZ primitive plane, one of the suggestions (and likely the best one) suggested by Wendy above/ Hopefully this may be helpful, and still relevant: https://www.deviantart.com/simonjm/art/AddingDiffuse-381157419

ETA - just reviewd it, for fun!, and realised it was written before the advent of the Iray render engine, so if you are using Iray the Plane will be created with the Iray MDL shader so the field you want to use to load the image will be the Base Color one.

Post edited by SimonJM on