Genesis 8.1 Tear misaligned

kingofthedirt702kingofthedirt702 Posts: 14
edited December 2022 in New Users

The figure I'm using comes with an HD head detail morph that slightly alters the shape of the eyes among other things. It looks okay beforehand but when using the HD morphs, the tear does not conform to the shape of the eye. It results in a black visible line across the eye while rendering (where the tear crosses the eye in the viewport image below attached). Is there anyway to fix this or is this just an issue with the morph?

tear.jpg
1622 x 1275 - 881K
Post edited by kingofthedirt702 on

Comments

• Which character morph is this?

Quick fix would be to hide the tears until it can be ascertained what is going on there.

• Catherine3678ab said:

Which character morph is this?

Quick fix would be to hide the tears until it can be ascertained what is going on there.

It's Sharon HD for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female by Mousso. I will admit I don't see much of a difference between the tear on and off in renders but just checking in case I want to do any close-ups.

• Promos look fine. I did buy that one but haven't used it yet. Can't check it tonight though.

The morph that you are using - check it on the Parameters Tab that it has "auto-follow" enabled.

n.b. Not all morph poses and the like work well with all characters.

• Catherine3678ab said:

Promos look fine. I did buy that one but haven't used it yet. Can't check it tonight though.

The morph that you are using - check it on the Parameters Tab that it has "auto-follow" enabled.

n.b. Not all morph poses and the like work well with all characters.

Thanks. Just checked, auto-follow is enabled. I just find it strange that the morph was made for this character and has this issue. Again though, I barely notice the difference with it off. If there's no easy fix, it's 100% fine.

• It's made for G8 and G8.1.

Try it on G8 and see if the problem persists. For extreme close-ups shouldn't matter too much which figure is in use.