How to render in 300dpi ?

I'.m a new user. I need render in 300dpi. What can I do it? Til now  my files is in TIF , 32bit and 92 dpi

Comments

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

If you know the dimensions and the final print size of the image, calculate the necessay pixel size and enter it into the correct boxes on the render pane.

As an example, an 8.5" X 11" image would need to be 2550 X 3300 pixels to print at 300 DPI.

Daz will do the math for you. In the above example, in the Render Settings pane, under General -> Dimentions, drop down the preset to see "Letter." It will set the default value. Then type 8.5 * 300 in the "Width" box and hot enter. That will calculate the correct pixel size. As long as you have Constrain Proportions set to on, it will also calculate the height pixels.

Note that some image software will show the image DPI/PPI as 72, or 92, or similar when opened, but if you look at the print size it is much more than 8.5" X 11". Setting the print size to the correct value will get you the higher PPI.   

• @leugimarts, why use TIF when you could use PNG?

The details are much better in the later format, I used TIF long time ago thinking is a better format but something went bad with my pictures until I sed PNG.

The quality is better.

The link info Ascania has put, is a very good info, imho.

• Both Tiff and PNG are lossless, any difference would be down to the export or import process (Tiff is somewhat variable, while PNG is well-specified)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883

You can change the DPI of an existing image in IrfanView under Image/Information.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Taoz said:

You can change the DPI of an existing image in IrfanView under Image/Information.

Doing that to an existing image changes the print size. 

• Fishtales said:

Taoz said:

Doing that to an existing image changes the print size. 

or the pixel count, depending on settings. It's useful if you are sending the image to a service with a 300PPI shibboleth, though we should remember that DS renders are not given a PPI value on saving (or weren't in the past).