Adding Body Morphs, Custom Morphs and Auto-Follow to Clothes

Hello! I'm in a process of learning how to make clothes in MD and importing them into DazStudio to make them functional for sale.

I have noticed that many vendors are including custom adjustment morphs, as well as popular body morphs for Genesis8/8.1 and now Genesis9 into their clothes pieces. Clothes they make is optimized to improve its appearance, but other body morphs should work with the auto-follow technology.

I would be grateful if you could help me out on where to start regarding: custom adjustment morphs, how to implement body morphs into clothes pieces and auto-follow technology.

Any tutorials, video tutorials, websites, etc. would be of huge help, especially about adding body morphs into clothes because I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I'm new to the forums, so hopefully I have choosen corret category.

Comments

• AutoFolow doesn't require any action - if a fitted item doesn't have a morph matching a morph on the base figure then it will try to project the morph into the fitted item, aiming to keep the same relation with the underlying surface. How well it works varies by outfit and morph.

As for the others, you need to reshape the clothing as required (to fit the target morph or to make the chnages required for the adjustment and export as OBJ, keeping the same vertex count and order as the original model (which can be tricky in marvellouse Designer if you are working from the original pattern as it will redo the conversion to geometry each time; you can reload the original exported OBJ and simulate that) and, in the case of morphs to match figure morphs, using the same name as the morph (you can get the name from the Parameter Settings dialogue in Daz Studio, click the gear icon on the slider). Once you have the OBJs import them using Morph loader Pro to create the morphs.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2022
    Post edited by Mada on
  • Thank you for help :) Many things are much more clear now!