Is there a way to install all Daz content?

Is there a way to install all my purchased Daz content all at once or do I need do install each one individually?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,784

If you start DIM (Daz Install Manager) it will locate all items linked to your account that it cannot see as installed and allow you to install them at once while you go and do something else.

The only issue is if you have previously used a different method to install stuff before then there may be a few conflicts.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346
    edited October 2022

Depends how you install.

If you use DIM then you can click the box next to "Products" and then the  "Start Queue" button at the bottom and it will churn through everything you have ready to install.

I've never used Daz Central, so I have no idea whether that can be done.

I believe that Daz Connect (installing from inside Daz Studio) is one-product-at-a-time.

ETA: (a) SofaCitizen beat me to it while I was starting up DIM to do the picture.

(b) You need to do the same process on the "Ready to Download" page to actually download everything from the store.

(c) If you have not yet installed Daz Studio itself, I suggest you do that first before installing any content. You need Daz Studio itself and PostGrSQL CMS to be installed.

Capture.JPG
    767 x 653 - 83K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

And... If you do use DIM (or even DAZ Central) to install your content, do not log in to DAZ Studio, that is only needed when one makes an concious decision to use DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio as ones primary means of installing content.

The general concensus is that the DIM is the best tool for installing DAZ content.
    DAZ Central is just a simplified version of DIM

DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio was created at a time DAZ experimented with encrypted content, which did require logging in to DS/DAZ servers to verify the users licence for that content. The experimentation with encrypted content was ended some 5-6 years ago, but the user is still asked to log in without being told why or being warned about the possible consequences and side effects - Sometimes decryption errors occur due to the content still being encrypted at DAZ servers that are used by DAZ connect to download them.

The installation location DAZ Connect uses is non-traditional, which does not work with scripts and older content, and whatever gets installed by DAZ Connect, overrides the installations made by the other installation methods (DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation), even when the DAZ Connect installations fail to work due to for example decryption failures. If content is installed by either DIM or DAZ Central and again with DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio, the content is installed twice, taking twice the space on ones drive.

• MelanieL said:

Depends how you install.

If you use DIM then you can click the box next to "Products" and then the  "Start Queue" button at the bottom and it will churn through everything you have ready to install.

I believe that Daz Connect (installing from inside Daz Studio) is one-product-at-a-time.

No, you can multi-select products and install all in a single operation.

ETA: (a) SofaCitizen beat me to it while I was starting up DIM to do the picture.

(b) You need to do the same process on the "Ready to Download" page to actually download everything from the store.

(c) If you have not yet installed Daz Studio itself, I suggest you do that first before installing any content. You need Daz Studio itself and PostGrSQL CMS to be installed.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346

Richard Haseltine said:

MelanieL said:

Depends how you install.

No, you can multi-select products and install all in a single operation.

Fair enough, I've never used Connect (hence the "I believe") - sorry for the incorrect comment.

• n.b. There are a very few products which require a manual download/install so if you can't find something, check your Product Library in your Account. Also for templates.