Problem if clothes not fitting figure.

Hi I placed a figure on the scene and then tried to dress her, but the clothes have on a T-Shape, and my model has her arms facing downwards. Can anyone help? Mars Bar

Comments

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

Probably you try to use on a G8 char a cloth for an older generation (G3, G2, ...).

You should give us more details. Which cloth and char? What happens? Does the autofit menu appear?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,784

That sounds like you didn't have the figure selected in the Scene when brining the clothes in and so they just spawned loose in the centre. If you right-click on the clothes there should be an option to "Fit [ITEMNAME] to..." you can try selecting that and then selecting your figure from the window that pops up.

There may also be issues with the item not being made for that figure and so if the above does not work you may want to specify more information to enable people to help.

• Thanks Sofa, I'll try that method later on. Then Alain's solution so we'll see what transpires.
  • MAGPIE 4EVAMAGPIE 4EVA Posts: 9
    edited October 2022

OK. I've purchased a female clothing pack, installing it through Install Manager. So now I just add a Genesis 8 female figure and then dbl click the clothes items? The clothing item I purchased was the dForce JW clothing for Genesis 8 Females.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited October 2022

Hello. I've installed dForce JW Clothes Pack for Genesis 8 Female but there doesn't seem to be any of the items (apart from one outfit) in the Smart Content panel.

Post edited by MAGPIE 4EVA on
  • How about in the Content Library pane, in Daz Studio Formats>My Daz 3D Library>People>Genesis 8 Female>Clothing>dForce JW Clothes pack?

• Hi. I'll have a look at that. I think they're just material files, which I don't know how to handle. Anyway here's my draft below. My first ever cartoon with a computer. I was wondering...is it easy to put a floor in, perhaps a room? Again, I'm guessing that an environment will be expensive. I've got mixed feelings about the draft, you can see it has potential but isn't complete because of Mum's pose and the fact she's flying (!).
    First_Cartoon-1.png
    1750 x 1238 - 2M
    edited October 2022
    My revision is much better now. It has an environment, the poses are better, Mum's dress is more varied, even the shoes have been improved on. Does anyone where the best place to sell cartoons would be? FYI : I found the hardest thing to do, was finding clothes that actually worked with the current model. Many a time I'm double clicking with no effect.
    Post edited by MAGPIE 4EVA on