I'm slow, but I can be taught...

I'm missing something obvious. How do you view the images attached in a post at full resolution?

Previously, you could click and they would open in a new window. I've tried in Chrome, Safari and FF. When you roll over on the image, you can see the actual image sizes...

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Although I hate the tiny thumbnails, for me, they do expand to full size when clicked on. Although they don't open in a new window, so you must use the browser "back" button to return to the thread.

I'm using Safari and FF, Mac OS.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hi Mark :)

Looks like a Web WIP ,... It was working earlier for me in Firefox, ..now,.. nothing happens. but it should be just a simple "click image to enlarge"

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Clicking on the thumbnails works for me, but they now open in the same tab/window -- Safari, OSX Yosemite.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    Right clicking or control clicking allows me to open the link in another tab, which I like. Couldn't do it that way with the old "new" forum.
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,724
    edited July 2015

Using Chrome clicking on an "attached" image works for me (see third or bottom image).

An image added via the image tools (which requires the image be already on line some where else) it will depend on how the image is set up. If the image is already displayed at full resolution, there will be nothing to click. If the image is not ar full resolution there will be a statement below: "This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge." - you can click on the image to see the "full resolution" image will open, but you may have to click on the image to view it at true full resolution (see first attached image). Sometimes the "This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge." text below the image is clickable (and yesterday that was the only way to go to the full resolution image)

The third option will be available if the person setting up the image link went to a little extra work (see second image). Clicking on the image will go to the additional link the person setting up the image wanted. This could be that original image URL, or any other URL. For demonstration purposes, I set up the second image to go to the corresponding gallery page at Renderosity (and of course for some reason the link test is off to the side instead of below where it belongs).

Hope all this makes sense (and works as expected) surprise

Of course it didn't devil should be fixed to match text now blush I must have posted during some programing update, as the unexpected behavior is now gone frown I did notice that sometimes the it take a bit of time (or a page reload) for the links to actually show-up/work.

The Palace Gaurd

Post edited by DustRider on