A new forum -- maybe Carrara 9 is next

This is going to take at least 10 minutes to get used to...

let's see how to post an image....

Comments

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited July 2015

9...  Christmas in July if true!

The new forum doesn't have a place to click to take you to the last post... if the thread is many pages long you have to go in, scroll to the end and the hit the last page.  Of did I miss something?  And the Edit button is hidden off to the right, making edits difficult.  Maybe there will be an update...

And now I have to think of some picture for meselves, as the generic face is, well, so unhappy looking.

Post edited by That Other Persona on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,010

I worked that one out...

It seems the new forum sees the first post only untill you go into it and click on the last page ... then if you back out of it and try again it goes to the last post indecision

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited July 2015

How many users here were clamoring for a new V7/G3/whatever?

How many users here were clamoring for a re-designed forum?

But we got them.

Notice a trend?  smiley

No Christmas in July. Sorry.

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on

BTW, did anyone notice that your private messages have vanished?

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited July 2015

Interesting.  You can't edit your old posts anymore - just to check I tried with the first post of the current challenge and I can't change it.

EDIT TO ADD: Nevermind, I figured it out. :)

JoeMamma2000 - I saw that too.  I had stuff saved in my PM's that I would have liked an opportunity to save - like the notes on how to run the monthly Carrara challenges!  Also, how do you subscribe to a thread or let it know that you want to be notified when someone posts in it?  Does the bookmark star thing do that?

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

BTW, did anyone notice that your private messages have vanished?

mine are there... I must be special heartyes

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,928

PM's are still there. Click on teh wheel in the upper RT corner and select inbox

MDO1989 said:

Also, how do you subscribe to a thread or let it know that you want to be notified when someone posts in it?  Does the bookmark star thing do that?

you can go to your profile ( which is a chore in itself ) and select the various notifications and also on the very first post there is a star which can click on which will bookmark the thread..

Thanks Frank and Stezza. I found the thread in the commons explaining it all.  Should probably have gone there first!  

I do not normally react well to change, but I'm actually liking the new forum - I like that I get can get little popup messages when someone posts in one of my bookmarked forums while I'm on the site and I love that I can just click the gear and get a list of my bookmarked threads to jump straight to.

frank0314 said:

PM's are still there. Click on teh wheel in the upper RT corner and select inbox

Ahh, thanks...and it even has PM's that I forgot to save in my Sent folder long ago...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

You didn't notice all the posts complaining about the forums?  Kyoto Kid alone must have posted dozens of them.

To susbscribe to a thread, there's a very faint star to the far right of the thread title, click that and it lights up.

You didn't notice all the posts complaining about the forums?  Kyoto Kid alone must have posted dozens of them.

To susbscribe to a thread, there's a very faint star to the far right of the thread title, click that and it lights up.

Just be careful if you do subscribe to a thread - go into your account settings and make sure it's not sending you emails!  Right now it is sending an email for every post - I subscribed to the thread in the The Commons about the new forum, left the room and suddenly had 88 emails in my gmail account! 

I'm sorry if Kyoto Kid (whoever that is) has some issues with the forums, but from what I've seen in my many years here, the ratio of "I wish Carrara had this..." posts to "I wish the forums were better" is something like 126,485 to 12.  smiley

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

who needs Carrara 9 when we have a new forum,?

especially when all the old links are broken - all that work Dart did for example, gone to waste if they are not fixed.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    head wax said:

who needs Carrara 9 when we have a new forum,?

especially when all the old links are broken - all that work Dart did for example, gone to waste if they are not fixed.

I read in the Commons that the DAZ web admins will be working to correct that.

I guess we'll see. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087

took me long enough to find my links but too messy for sigline until I figure out embedding

Anyone else notice that when you try to do a new ignore in this forum it doesn't seem to stick?

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

I just tried the new forum posting mechanism in the Pycloid thread...

I LIKE the new stuff - especially....

External image linking is now possible! We no longer had to worry about dumbing down image resolution to save on space!

Image display on forum can be resized - even re-positioned! Now it is more fun for generous ones like Dart Diomede EvilProducer Joe 3DAGE etc etc to post their picture rich tutorials! 

Video links is now possible! (not sure about "forum-internal" play-able/ pause-able YT video possibility) just happy that I can link some words to an external video!

FORMATING is now A JOY!!

yesheart GOOD JOB DAZ3D DEVS !!

Some essentials are still missing, granted...but it's probably being done. 

I look forward to...

• Forum background custom color (one click eyesaver color scheme etc) 
    • Also like an forum setting option to resize/ turn off all signatures (or alternatively, uniformly restrict vertical size of user signature esp image)
    • Topic number per page options (30/60/100/all) (at the top too please)
    • Firefox compatibility of new Daz3D forum (most online shoppers do care A GREAT DEAL about browser security which Chrome doesn't offer). Ticket submitted.

Hopefully Carrara 9 will get such customizability and wonderful facelift too! smiley

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Oh dear... I had bookmarked dozens and dozens of helpful posts about techniques and solving problems. They don't work now as previous posts must have a different archive location than the URLs where they have happily lived. crying

I wish we'd had some notice so we could have saved things like that... if old bookmarked posts are accessible somehow, would someone please let me know!  It's hard to search with the right keywords here, you get so many returns or not.

indecision   SileneUK

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    SileneUK said:

Oh dear... I had bookmarked dozens and dozens of helpful posts about techniques and solving problems. They don't work now as previous posts must have a different archive location than the URLs where they have happily lived. crying

I wish we'd had some notice so we could have saved things like that... if old bookmarked posts are accessible somehow, would someone please let me know!  It's hard to search with the right keywords here, you get so many returns or not.

indecision   SileneUK

Take the URL and swap 'discussion' for 'viewthread' and it should 'fix' the broken link.

decided I needed a new name too.

So chose my avatar's name.

• I would be pretty happy if I could search it, where did they hide the search button ?

forum search is being worked on

Chohole said:
    SileneUK said:

indecision   SileneUK

Take the URL and swap 'discussion' for 'viewthread' and it should 'fix' the broken link.

Cheers Chohole yes , that did it. Many threads that I saved are my lifelines to Carrara sanity!   kiss  Silene

edited July 2015

Hi Wendy, How did you do that (I changed mine via an administrator a while back), but don't want to change that.... just add location, so how did you add yours as well? I only see an option to add Male or Female?   Cheers, SIlene

Post edited by SileneUK on
    SileneUK said:

Hi Wendy, How did you do that (I changed mine via an administrator, but don't want to change it.... just add location, so how did you add your location as well? I only see an option to add Male or Female?   Cheers, SIlene

LOL - I have the opposite problem - I want to remove my location and no one seems to know how! 

SileneUK said:

Hi Wendy, How did you do that (I changed mine via an administrator a while back), but don't want to change that.... just add location, so how did you add yours as well? I only see an option to add Male or Female?   Cheers, SIlene

in my account for the store etc 

SileneUK said:

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/ 

MDO1989 said:
    SileneUK said:

LOL - I have the opposite problem - I want to remove my location and no one seems to know how! 

Will enquire and see if anyone knows.  I think I added my location on the old forum, 

Chohole said:
    SileneUK said:

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/ 

MDO1989 said:
    SileneUK said:

Will enquire and see if anyone knows.  I think I added my location on the old forum, 

I don't see any place to add location, so nevermind...not important. It says UK, that's fine.    laugh  Silene 

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited July 2015

There used to be an "animation" forum. Whatever happened to it?

Also, I don't seem to find the "preview" button. How can you preview your post?

EDIT: Never mind. The quotes are readily available now. So no need to preview. Also, I just found out that the "animation" forum has been morphed into the "art studio" forum. Go figure.

Post edited by argus1000 on