Eyes won't close on 3D Universe Jasmin : SOLVED

de3ande3an Posts: 915
edited July 2015 in Carrara Discussion

I have the 3D Universe Kimberly, Toon Amy, and Jasmin figures. The parameter controls for the eyes appear to be the same for all three products, but with the Jasmin character the eyes will not close all the way. They start to close then stop before being even half closed. The other two characters' eyes close completely.
I've tried increasing the parameter range from 0 - 1 to 0 - 10 (and various other ranges) with no improvement. It's like the eyelids hit a hard stop and won't go any further.

If I load Jasmin into DAZ Studio instead of Carrara 8.5, the eyes work as expected (???). Which begs the question, what is the difference between Jasmin and the other two very similar characters that causes it to fail to work properly only in Carrara? (They are all "For Genesis" characters.)

Other than posing it in Studio and exporting to Carrara, can anyone think of a possible remedy for this? (or possible reason that it is happening?)

Thanks.

Jasmin_eyes_will_not_close.jpg
1301 x 954 - 497K
Post edited by de3an on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I haven't used Carrara in a long time, but I eventually managed to load and work with Jasmin.

Here eyes close OK for me using the same Parameters pane, and the same sliders. I have nod idea why yours wont work, if there is anything else you would like me to try, just ask.

I am using 8.5.1 Pro build 19

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

Not lately but I have used Jasmin a lot in Carrara in the past and do not recall any issues, not on PC at moment
    (in bed on android) but since I oscillate blinking tweeners for most characters in my animations I am certain I would have picked it up.
    Is she dialed in or loaded as a character? I tend to dial them in.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

I haven't used Carrara in a long time, but I eventually managed to load and work with Jasmin.

Here eyes close OK for me using the same Parameters pane, and the same sliders. I have nod idea why yours wont work, if there is anything else you would like me to try, just ask.

I am using 8.5.1 Pro build 19

Interesting.
    I'm still using Carrara 8.5.0.243. It doesn't seem likely that that's the issue, but I suppose anything's possible.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Not lately but I have used Jasmin a lot in Carrara in the past and do not recall any issues, not on PC at moment
    (in bed on android) but since I oscillate blinking tweeners for most characters in my animations I am certain I would have picked it up.
    Is she dialed in or loaded as a character? I tend to dial them in.

Your suggestion to dial it in rather than just load the character straight from the browser (which is what I have been doing) was something that I hadn't thought of.
    I tried loading the Genesis Basic Female, but the other character morphs weren’t available in the Actor parameters.
    But if I loaded Victoria 5 I found that the other character morph parameters showed up.
    After removing the Victoria morph and adding the Jasmin morph I ended up with the correct character shape, and the eyes close properly. One problem down, thank you!
    Now, I figured that all I needed to do was transfer the Jasmin shaders by dragging the "Multiple Shading Domains" beachball to the new figure to replace the Victoria shaders.
    Well, it didn't quite work as expected. The textures, especially noticeable on the face, don't seem to be scaled properly. Although the shape and size of the character seems to be identical.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? (or additional ideas concerning how to make the eyes work in the original character?)

Thanks much!

Jasmin_after_shader_transfer.jpg
    640 x 480 - 85K
    Jasmin_dialed_from_Victoria5.jpg
    640 x 480 - 67K
    Jasmin_default.jpg
    640 x 480 - 53K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

Ah that not so simple, uv sets need to be loaded from duf I think she is just V4 one
    odd genesis does not have her as all the morphs should be present unless you saved a car file before you got her.
    I tend to use the V4 skins mostly anyway and mix dial characters faces at least.

edited December 1969

Ah that not so simple, uv sets need to be loaded from duf I think she is just V4 one
    odd genesis does not have her as all the morphs should be present unless you saved a car file before you got her.
    I tend to use the V4 skins mostly anyway and mix dial characters faces at least.

When it comes to using DAZ human content I'm like a fish out of water.
    Victoria 4, Victoria 5, Genesis, Genesis 2 etc. I just don't know how they all relate.

Under my standard Content tab I tried loading "My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis/Characters/Basic Female". But it loaded with no character morphs (if that's the correct terminology).

Then I loaded "My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis/Characters/Victoria 5". That had the Jasmin, Kimberly, and Toon Amy Parameter sliders, but as shown previously, the Jasmin textures didn't fit.

Then I discovered another Genesis option at "My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis/Genesis". This one loaded with all of the different character Parameter sliders too, but had no texturing, just all grey. I set the Jasmin morph and then dropped on the Jasmin "Multiple Shading Domains" beachball (which I had saved in my browser), and bingo! I now have a working Jasmin character that can close its eyes. I can't say that I understand why it works doing it this way, and why it didn't work "out of the box", but at least it works now.

Thanks for the feedback. It got my brain working enough to persevere and solve the problem.
    :coolsmile:

test-complete.jpg
    640 x 480 - 39K