Problems with Carrara install including public beta

lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
edited July 2015 in Carrara Discussion

I keep having issues with Carrara load times, and the content provided with 8.5 pro regular version is not showing in the Carrara Browser. . I just UN-installed from the dim all Carrara application and content files. I plan to download and reinstall from the product library using DIM or manual install, whichever is best.

Here is what I think I need:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Do I need to reinstall the original version 8.5 pro, prior to install the public beta?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Postgre installed with Carrara 8.5 public beta, or do I need to install separate?

Does the public beta install the valentina db, or is there a way to specify the database?
----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------
Is there a document available explaining proper install procedure public+beta
---------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Will I need to reinstall it for Carrara? I ask this, because the content items dedicated for Carrara that come with it do not appear in the data maintenance tools in Daz3d Stuio.
-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------
Will Carrara 8.5 pro Public Beta install properly from the DIM.
------------------------------------------------

I want to use the public beta release and Postgre database.

Post edited by lenwilder on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI :)

Firstly,. the Public Beta is now over,. and the Full production release is available, (it should be in your Account and available through DIM) and that's the version you should be using and installing.

Is Postgre installed with Carrara 8.5 public beta, or do I need to install separate?

Postgre is a separate item in DIM, you should see a 32bit and a 64 bit version, install whichever is right for your system.

I believe that Postgre and the Daz CMS are both installed as part of Daz Studio,.

DIM can install Carrara, and the "Carrara Native Content" (example Carrara scenes, objects, shaders etc). which comes with Carrara

Dim can also install any Daz3D Studio content, or Poser content purchased through the store here as Daz3D.

Daz Studio content is installed by default into the Daz3D Library

Carrara's Native content is installed into Carrara's application folder (If Carrara is installed (using DIM), then DIM will know where to install the Carrara Native Content, and any Carrara Native content or plug-ins)

Carrara native content has nothing to do with Daz Stiudio database management. so it won;'t show up in any Daz Studio Content Searches.
    Daz Studio Database management is part of Daz Studio and Smart Content.

Older content, ..( Products made before Genesis) will normally be located in the "Content" area of your Carrara browser, rather than "Smart Content" which began with Genesis.

In Daz Studio,. this older content is also found in the "Content library" under either Daz Studio format, or Poser format sections.

Hope that helps , and answers some of your questions :)