Genesis 1, 2, and 3 In Carrara 8.5 Pro

Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
edited June 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Sorry to do this again. I almost feel like there should be a sticky that relates specifically to using Genesis figures in Carrara.

Anyhow I have made a few observations but I also have a few questions.

Regarding Genesis 1

1. I know that I need to import Genesis into Carrara as a ,duf.
2. How does one go about changing the UV's? In this case I want to apply M5 UV's to Genesis 1 but I don't see an option to switch between UV Maps? Or better stated, how do I go about importing Genesis with M5 UV's in place?

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Rashad Carter on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

import him as M5 or import his preset on existing figure with it selected
    you can save various characters if you use mixed UV maps in DAZ studio and load those in Carrara too

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited June 2015

While you can load M5 or M5 hero preset characters straight from My Daz 3dLibrary/People/Genesis/Characters and they will of course come preloaded with the M5 UVs, you can load M5 UVs onto any Genesis character from MyDaz3dLibrary/People/Genesis/Materials/UV Sets (loading is drag and drop onto the 'actor' of the Genesis). And that's the place where you'll find UVs of different kinds to be dropped onto any Genesis figure. When I purchased the improved V4 UVs for Genesis from the Daz store, this is where I find them to drop them onto my Gen1 figures.

Post edited by Jonstark on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Rashad

Regarding Genesis 1

1. I know that I need to import Genesis into Carrara as a ,duf.

In Carrara 8.5,. you would simply double click the icon for Genesis in the browser (smart content) just like any other figure.
    As far as I know, Genesis is supplied in DUF, rather than OBJ or CR2
    Carrara 8 was built to support loading duf.

2. How does one go about changing the UV’s? In this case I want to apply M5 UV’s to Genesis 1 but I don’t see an option to switch between UV Maps? Or better stated, how do I go about importing Genesis with M5 UV’s in place?

Jon's post is news to me,. and good news,.. if we can change the uv's form within Carrara,.

As far as I knew,. we had to load the figure with the UV's for the textures we wanted to use,. and Carrara had no way to change the UV's.once a figure had been loaded.

Load ...Genesis1 basic Female,.. or ..Genesis Basic Male etc.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

Hi. Just to anticipate some more issues that are likely to occur if you are moving from V4/M4 figures to genesis+ figures, the following thread addresses quite a few issues that you are likely to encounter. Unfortunately, the issues covered in the thread are not in any rational order.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45361/

Hope it helps in the future.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Grand thanks to you all for getting me going this quickly. Diomede I will most certainly be reading that thread, thanks a ton!