Importing mocap into DAZ : degraded animation

linoge8888linoge8888 Posts: 62
edited August 2022 in New Users

I'm following this workflow for months now : 

Performing a mocap animation with the Rokoko smarsuit > Rokoko studios > Maya 2022 for retargeting > Daz for rendering

The raw mocap file is retargeted on a gen8.1 character in Maya (imported with the bridge), baked then saved as a FBX2014. I import that file into DAZ, save the raw animation as a pose preset then merge that animated pose with a character. It took me weeks months to find that viable routine, because rendering an animation with DAZ isn't the standard.

The animation quality/smoothness is pristine in Maya, but becomes a bit messy in DAZ. The main inconvenience are the feet severely sliding along with any hip movements. I know there is some tricks to stick the feet on the ground, but maybe is there a cleaner way, with some settings I may have missed, to keep my animation from deteriorations. I mean, those mocap animations there are perfectly retargeted: https://www.daz3d.com/scared-animation-collection-p1-michael-8

How to achieve something similar ?

Post edited by linoge8888 on

Comments

• linoge8888linoge8888 Posts: 62
    edited August 2022

Here is a clear video of the problem. In Maya, the feet stay on the ground while in DAZ the character rotation is based on the hip, not the feet. 

Post edited by linoge8888 on
  • Found it : the G8 figure must have his rotations and limits unlocked. I used to do this but for some reason, it stopped working so I didn't bother with anymore. Now it's working back.