Show Daz that Carrara users are a market worth supporting! How many Product Pages do you have?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2016

swag, a bunch of the holyforest shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/real-furs

and the http://www.daz3d.com/an-english-village

and the http://www.daz3d.com/posing-pack-3

1  pc voucher left to use

Post edited by Mistara on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,080
    PhilW said:

Wendy - cool looking cat - who knew you liked cats!!

+1 yes

Edit: Is that a CR2 or DUF kitty?

the duf

I had to readd some of the maps, my fur does not do it justice

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    MistyMist said:

swag, a bunch of the holyforest shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/real-furs

and the http://www.daz3d.com/an-english-village

and the http://www.daz3d.com/posing-pack-3

1  pc voucher left to use

Good score!

ToeJam said:
    PhilW said:

+1 yes

the duf

They have a lot of DUF vendors too, eh? DS is such an easy environment for turning models into rigged figures - so it's not suprising. So if they don't use Carrara or bring their stuff into it, then they don't know or care about compatibility.

Daz3d did a wonderful thing - making Carrara DUF compatible. That's why the DUF format was created in the first place - for Carrara compatibilty. We have to always keep in mind that anything that's made for specific softweare may or may not work in Carrara, for it truly is a foriegn software to all of this. 

Some software exports FBX (an example format) - and individual artists are still capable of creating FBX formatted items that are not compatible with everything which accept FBX. That's just an example about compatibility.

All of the DUF items I have from Daz3d themselves works in Carrara 8.5 Pro,if memory serves correctly, the exception being Genesis 3 and their supporting stuff. But I don't have anything for that yet.

edited October 2016
    ToeJam said:
    PhilW said:

+1 yes

the duf

You likey kitty? :)  Is it cool? What's it called?

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,080

Grumpy cat

Sure is a cute, grumpy kitty!

• Back to the original question:

1) well ... only 5

2) I use only Carrara. I don't really like Daz Studio.

3) Yes, definitely. I would probably have 1 or 2 more pages in my product library if it was already working. I know, it's not much ...

I would very likely have also purchased more of the Genesis 2 model if there wasn't problems with HD shaders.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited November 2016

Heh heh.  I had to click here to see who resurrected the thread.

Dumb question - how do you define a "page?"

Never mind, figured it out.

Only 16 here.  Some of it was pre-Carrara.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

Wendy - 117 is insane!

• PhilW said:

Wendy - 117 is insane!

whats crazier is all the G3M & F stuff I now have

and nooooooooo    angry    I really hate using DAZ studio

so gonna be a hellava lot of stuffing around

have we all put in our support tickets for g3m/f in carrara?

do they know we want it?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

I am sure they know we want it (this thread was summarised some months ago and submitted to Daz as eveidence of how much content Carrara users buy) and I am sure that it would take precedence in any update.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I now have 110 pages.

never saw this product before, http://www.daz3d.com/music-stage
    theres stuff doesnt come up in searching store for carrara

ToeJam said:

I now have 110 pages.

Bravo, you two!!! Wow... I wish I had Half That!!! ;)

I must say... I really like what I DO have! ;)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    MistyMist said:

never saw this product before, http://www.daz3d.com/music-stage
    theres stuff doesnt come up in searching store for carrara

Putting the term 'carrara' into the slot, I get 397 results and it's in there under ther 116 places and things category!   yes  Silene

Yeah, I remember when that came out not all that long ago. Beautiful stage! I want that scene eventually!

It was released at an odd time just after I made my own stage setup using other content.

But I still want it! yes

In truth... I want ALL Carrara-specific products ;)

• hjakehjake Posts: 842

1) How many pages do you have in your product library?

Just hit 99 pages for DAZ and if include DAZ/Poser/Carrara stuff from other sites it would be atleast 150  pages (not including freebies from Daz or elsewhere) since Jul 7 2008.

2) What is the primary software that you use with these products?

Carrara then DS/Poser and now interested in Blender because Carrara not getting updates often enough and interface is getting old.

3) Would you buy Genesis 3 products if they worked in your primary software?.

I already buy Genesis 3 products but I would like to use them Carrara and I would be encouraged to buy more items.

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 246

1.- I dont know what do you mean with "pages" but i have most than 50 products. And i recently buy the expensive Octane Render for Carrara, i think that give a clue of my love for this software. 

2.-Carrara!! The only software i love most is Zbrush

-Surface Replicators

-Fog effects and volumetric clouds. 

-Terrain editor

-Ocean editor

-Amazing plugins

-Fast rendering (both, native and octane renderers)

-Bullet Physics

-Particle emiters

And much more reasons!

3.-Off course! There's many products that i wish from Genesis 3 but i don`t wanna use Poser or DazStudio, REALLY, i prefer stay in Victoria 4 generation until carrara gets a big update for genesis.

• hjakehjake Posts: 842
    namtar3d said:

1.- I dont know what do you mean with "pages" but i have most than 50 products. And i recently buy the expensive Octane Render for Carrara, i think that give a clue of my love for this software. 

2.-Carrara!! The only software i love most is Zbrush

-Surface Replicators

-Fog effects and volumetric clouds. 

-Terrain editor

-Ocean editor

-Amazing plugins

-Fast rendering (both, native and octane renderers)

-Bullet Physics

-Particle emiters

And much more reasons!

3.-Off course! There's many products that i wish from Genesis 3 but i don`t wanna use Poser or DazStudio, REALLY, i prefer stay in Victoria 4 generation until carrara gets a big update for genesis.

Hi namtar3d

Look at the attachment as to what "pages" are.

My last tally of my total Daz and all other stores is about 5500 products not including ShareCG and web freebies.

My DAZ Library 2016-11-25.jpg
    1262 x 1104 - 270K
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Update for pages. Nothing else has changed.

1)  Now up to a whoping 59 pages.

2) Carrara 8.5 Pro

3) In a heartbeat.  I have some but have quit buying any G3 content at all except to get a discount during a sale when nothing else is available to buy.  Note that I will buy G3 content when it is also for an earlier generation also.

edited November 2016

i mostly only shop during the big sale events. in the pc club 1.99 years i bought whether i needed it or not,

Post edited by Mistara on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

mine is 75 pages, I guess I had better start downloading some of it...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    head wax said:

mine is 75 pages, I guess I had better start downloading some of it...

Are we supposed to do that?  

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

55 pages.

Now a more interesting question might be, how many of those products have I actually used?

Um . . .

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Now that is a fantastic question.  I used to partiipate in RRRR (random runtime...) which requires using a random number geenrator to select 4 items from your content list to create a render.  As a result, I have used mostof the items that I have accumulated.  Otherwise,...

Now a more interesting question might be, how many of those products have I actually used?

Um . . .

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I have 17 pages of content, and I'm not sure that I will use at least half.

Although I'm still only at 37 pages, it feels like I have an endless supply of content in my catalog... but that never stops me from grabbing more when I can ;)

When I first bought Carrara, I also grabbed a yearly Platinum Club membership and have been one ever since. The idea was to build up a nice library filled with stuff for use on a moment's notice - so, kinda by definition, I may never use some of the things, but still feel that each of them are worthy of being there or I wouldn't have grabbed them in the first place.

It's actually pretty amazing how many items I've optimized for Carrara and added to my browser. Sometimes it just cannot be helped. I want to examine the item, so I bring it in and, while I have it in Carrara... ;)

I'm glad I do that too, because I often find things to be even more awesome than I thought they were! It's amazing what we can do with stuff with a bit of Shader fun and, perhaps, some mix/matching kit bashing fun!

I do think that a lot of the things I buy - I may not have bought if I didn't own Carrara - and I'm not talking about Carrara-specific products either. It's just that Carrara's vast possibilities opens up new realms of reasons to collect.