Custom Prop (User Created) not moving with Poses?

EnoughButterEnoughButter Posts: 103
edited July 2022 in New Users

Hi,

I created a custom prop (a shirt nametag made in Blender and exported as OBJ then imported to DAZ) and parented it to my figure. If I Transform my figure (Translate, Rotate, Scale) the prop moves along with the controls.

But any custom pose just leaves it floating in the air. Is there a step I'm missing? 

Post edited by EnoughButter on

Comments

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

No offense if you're already doing this.  Just to help clarify.  Parenting to prop to base actore or specific part of the actor?

If parenting nametag to the base actor-- in scene tab (in scene pane it looks like 3 open beehive or hexagon shapes) prop would follow transforms on x,y, z but not poses.

Parent nametag prop to specific area-- upper chest-- and prop should follow poses and moving figure around in the scene.

If already doing that-- hmmm... a mystery.

• EnoughButterEnoughButter Posts: 103
    edited July 2022

Tynkere said:

No offense if you're already doing this.  Just to help clarify.  Parenting to prop to base actore or specific part of the actor?

If parenting nametag to the base actor-- in scene tab (in scene pane it looks like 3 open beehive or hexagon shapes) prop would follow transforms on x,y, z but not poses.

Parent nametag prop to specific area-- upper chest-- and prop should follow poses and moving figure around in the scene.

If already doing that-- hmmm... a mystery.

Ah, thank you! I guess I should try to parent to the upper chest of the shirt (as opposed to the G8 figure).

Edit: Ok, I guess I just have to parent it to the upper chest of the character-the shirt doesn't seem to work.Still needs to be manually adjusted. 

Post edited by EnoughButter on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited July 2022

Glad it helped.  And yes-- depending on pose, will still need some tweaking.  At risk of sounding pedandic, here is way of making tweaks a bit easier.  Change "Nudge" to smaller value than default 1 or .5

Settings.png
    749 x 431 - 45K
    Nudge.png
    716 x 965 - 148K
    Post edited by Tynkere on

Tynkere said:

Glad it helped.  And yes-- depending on pose, will still need some tweaking.  At risk of sounding pedandic, here is way of making tweaks a bit easier.  Change "Nudge" to smaller value than default 1 or .5

Thanks! Definitely will help.

So is there any way for me to add my prop to the shirt asset itself? So everyone who wears the shirt gets it automatically loaded in and parented/ adjusted? Do I need to re-save the shirt as a custom asset?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

You could make it a wearable preset, with the badge parented to the shirt (Save As -> Wearable(s) Preset). You might want to look into "Rigid Follow Nodes". Your prop will stay glued to a specific polygon or polygons no matter how the shirt moves.

NorthOf45 said:

You could make it a wearable preset, with the badge parented to the shirt (Save As -> Wearable(s) Preset). You might want to look into "Rigid Follow Nodes". Your prop will stay glued to a specific polygon or polygons no matter how the shirt moves.

Rigid Follow Modes sounds perfect, thanks!