Cararra on a new computer

HeraHera Posts: 1,955
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!

This is a stupid question, I know it, but I installed Carrara on a new computer the other day, and when I run it, it tells me I have a 30 days evaluation period. And when that is over, then what?

Is there a way to open carrara on that computer, using my license number.(I have a license number avaliable in my account from when I bought carrara way back)

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

Just punch in the serial number you already have in Carrara, as usual.
    Top left menu.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited June 2015

It just says that the serial number is incorrect in spite of me having both cut'n'pasting and typing it in letter by letter

Post edited by Hera on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You have the correct serial number for the correct version of Carrara?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

you may have to run the application as an Administrator. to allow the serial number to register.

Windows : Right click / select Run as Administrator.

Hope it helps

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

If you're still having a problem I'd suggested filing a ticket and asking DAZ to resolve it. I recall last year I had a problem with a non-working Hexagon S/N on a new computer, and the S/N listed in my online account was wrong (from an earlier version, I recall), and the correct S/N wasn't listed in my account. My hunch is that somewhere along the way they had a glitch in the serial number listings. I recall others having similar problems.

I'd just ask DAZ to resolve.