how to apply a .dsf file to a figure?

I recently downloaded a GF8 full-body morph as a .dsf file with no instructions. I have searched for instructions on how to apply the morph but have not found anything that works. If I merge the file with the figure noting happens. Also I placed it in \DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs, had the conent library scan known directories for files, but it does not show up anywhere under the shaping tab.  If somebody gives you a morph in a dsf file, how do you use it?

Comments

• So \DAZ 3D Library is (one of) your Daz Studio Format Content Directory? Scanning is not soemthign you should need to do routinely, it's for finding new content directories and you do not want to keep adding more (as it potentially has a strong impact on load times).

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270

A file like that I would open in a text editor and find out where it thinks it is located [data > DAZ 3D > Genesis etc > Morphs > Name of creator > etc, and also where it is going to show up [check 'group']. Then put the morph where it should be. Then open D/S and load the figure, then look on the Parameters Tab for the new morph.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

You put it in the right place, any where in that "Morphs" folder does for stray morphs like this.

Assuming it is for G8F and doesn't have bad Parent data, then you will need to check the Parameters tab to find it, probably under "Morphs/MorphLoader"

• lamoid_5f20d3e469lamoid_5f20d3e469 Posts: 295
    edited July 2022

Thank you, all, for answering! I followed Catherine's advice. In the resulting file I saw that the morph was for a GF8.1 mesh not a GF8. When I loaded the default 8.1 mesh, the morph was there.

Post edited by lamoid_5f20d3e469 on