Camera settings

Hi everyone, it will probably be a trivial question but, for me it is a problem that has haunted me for months, and finally i decided to write in the Daz's forum, practically every render that i do Portrait/Full body or others, the camera lens it's very far from the Model, especially with the full body, i never understood what the problem was, and this problem is even more evident as soon as i pass the final result on my phone through Mega, the model is very far from the camera lens, and i don't understand how it is possible, because i am very careful with the renderings, every time i try to fix the camera in the smallest details, i also help myself with the screen of my phone to see the final result while i work on Daz, but once the render is finished the lens is very far away, it has a lot of depth and i am going crazy because of it, currently my render settings are 3000x3882 with an Aspect ratio of 17:22, i hope i can solve this problem it has become really tiring...:\ thank you guys.

Comments

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

I do not fully understand the question and how your phone can help with the camera tweaks.

But concerning camera settings and distance from the char, as in real life, you have several ways to frame a char in an image with a camera.

- move the camera. In real life this is step forward/backward. In DS it is done by changing the translation parameters, generally with the mouse wheel that translates the camera.

- change the focal lens  (zoom). Default in daz is 65mm, but it can be changed in parameters>camera>focal length. With 28mm, for instance, you can see a larger field of your char without moving the camera. But as in real life, there are deformations correlated with the focal length.

- change the film size. In real life, it is not really possible with an actual camera, but un DS, you can change parameters>camera>frame width from its defaut 36mm. Increasing it, for instance, will allow to see more of a char, without touching the other camera parameters or the render settings.

Concerning depth of field, it can be set on the camera. See for instance this tuto that explains how to do it http://flipmode3d.com/depth-of-field-daz-studio/

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Rendered image should be the same that you see in your viewport, either you watch it on your computer's screen or your phone's.

Make sure you're composing your scene through your camera and not through the default "Perspective" view  before rendering.

Your size settings will only affect the quality (and rendering time) and the Aspect Ratio will only depend of your size settings. Or rather the size(s) will depend of the aspect ratio.