Managing master object and instance

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi everybody,
First of all sorry for my poor english. and I'm a bit new in Carrara.
I try to optimize my file in arranging in a better way my objects.
I made error when creating my scene, I copy and paste instead of duplicate. And I have a lot of objects which are exactly the same.
I found a menu to "clean" my shaders and now I haven't duplicate shaders anymore.
But How can I do with my master objects?
Is there a way to replace all my "master objects" by the first one to have just one master objects and a lot of instance?
thank you very much in adavnce

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

When you copied and pasted, was it in a model room or the main Assembly Room?

If it was in the Assembly Room and each copy of the object is a Master object and you want them to be duplicates, you may have to delete the copies and start over by duplicating the original object. Once you have deleted the unwanted objects, go to Edit--> Remove Unused Masters-->Remove Unused Objects. If it is grey and you can't select it, then the object is still in the scene and it can't be removed from memory unless it is deleted from the Assembly Room first.

Picture_4.png
    1245 x 771 - 138K
    Picture_3.png
    1202 x 754 - 214K
  • edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
    I'm in the Assembly room.
    It means that there is no possibility to replace a master object by an other one? I don't want to delete and replace in my scene all my objects. So much objects.
    For example if I have a crowd of people (for example M4) and want the same crowd, with V4 for example. Is there a way to replace (in the same place and size) M4 by V4?
    And then use your advice : Edit--> Remove Unused Masters-->Remove Unused Objects

thank you again

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Maggie_3 said:
    It means that there is no possibility to replace a master object by an other one? I don't want to delete and replace in my scene all my objects. So much objects.
    For example if I have a crowd of people (for example M4) and want the same crowd, with V4 for example. Is there a way to replace (in the same place and size) M4 by V4?
    And then use your advice : Edit--> Remove Unused Masters-->Remove Unused Objects

thank you again

If you use the align command (control + k) (command + k on a mac) you can get the figures in the same spot (choose to align all 3 axes).

Wont help with the scaling or posing, but at least it's a start...

Hope it helps.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited June 2015

Maggie_3 said:

thank you again

It is also important to note that M4, V4 or figures with rigging (bones) can't be duplicated without a plugin from Fenric. However, you can stick them into a replicator and replicate a crowd.

I have used three or four figures, each with their own pose and own clothes and put those four figures into a replicator and replicated them a couple hundred times. Whatever pose (or animation) those figures are in/doing is also going to be replicated, but the memory overhead is still based on those three or four figures in your replicator.

Post edited by evilproducer on