Items in the "Scene" window-any way to easily get back to the specific ContentLibrary Settings?

Let's say I have a Hair item on a figure that has various options in the ContentLibrary, i.e. braid on shoulder, hair in eyes, hair pulled back, etc.

Is there a way for me to get directly back to those options just by clicking on the Hair item in the Scene Tab? Or do I have to always go back and dig through Character/etc.. each time?

Is there no way to just click on an item, and have it automatically selected/opened in the Content Library?

Same with clothes, etc. Is there any link/easy connection back and forth to try out new settings?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914

EnoughButter said:

Same with clothes, etc. Is there any link/easy connection back and forth to try out new settings?

If you go into the Surfaces pane and switch to Presets instead of Editor, you can see different material presets for the selected item (and probably some other stuff that's miscategorized and shows up no matter what you have selected).

As to your main question, I'm not aware of a way to do that.

• EnoughButterEnoughButter Posts: 103

Gordig said:

EnoughButter said:

If you go into the Surfaces pane and switch to Presets instead of Editor, you can see different material presets for the selected item (and probably some other stuff that's miscategorized and shows up no matter what you have selected).

As to your main question, I'm not aware of a way to do that.

Ah, Presets-thanks!

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

As noted above, AFAIK there isn't a way to do that.

If you use Smart Content, then you can select the hair and the smart content categories will change to show you what categories are available for that item, and, if you pick one you can open the item, but it still requires a few clicks rather than just opening.

Usually, if a hair has shaping presets in the product files, it also has dials that you can access in the Shaping tab (or in the Parameters tab under Actor)). To see them, click the item, then go to the Shaping tab. Applying is not a 1-click solution, but it is quicker than browsing the Content Library.