Models turn black in DAZStudio_4.20.0.17

Dmj0024Dmj0024 Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in New Users

Hi everyone! angel
I updated to DAZStudio_4.20.0.17 on my Win10 two days ago (before I had DAZStudio_4.6.3.52 with no render problems).
Now whatever I render in 3Delight is turning black. What is wrong and what to change in DS settings?
It's a big issue for me because I loved DS before and everything was OK! 
Sending actual image below. Please someone help me!

PS I have Win10 Pro with "IntelCore i7", graphic cart "Nvidia GeForce GTX 650", RAM 16 GB

render 905X586.jpg
905 x 586 - 94K
Post edited by Dmj0024 on

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

I can't see what lights you have in the scene, but from the looks of things it's just the preview light (AKA Headlamp), this now has a "toggle" switch in the render settings. "Never" means it won't be used in any render, which is what I suspect your issue is, "When No Scene Lights" means it will be used if you don't have any other lights in the scene.

In the Render Settings tab make sure the Engine is set to 3Delight, then select General, the "Auto Headlamp" setting will show up near the bottom.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Also, if you used Omnifreaker's UltraSoft Lightkit or Ubersoft pointlight, note that they seem to be broken in DS 4.20. I went from 4.9 to 4.20 a week ago and, although installed correctly, they won't emit any light. (Is this due to some shader builder upgrades, I don't know?) Atleast, the AoA lights still seem to cooperate...

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Are they up to date, the .SDL files normally need to be recompiled to work with the latest DS build.

AOA uses the ShaderMixer, so they will always work unless there is some "MAJOR" upheaval with the SM.

• Dmj0024Dmj0024 Posts: 3

Thanks Bejaymac. it's not perfect but a lot better. I'll work on it. Anyhow it works better in 3DLight. Thanks again! smiley