Accessing output options in DAZ Studio

A tech advisor at my local digital store recommended I optimise rendering by accessing the 'output options' in both DAZ and Blender, as well as other similar software platforms, and set it to the NVENC enncoder.  

Could anyone shed any more light on this?  I've Googled my little fingfers off and can't seem to find out how to access Output Options in the DAZ Studio UI.  Does DAZ call it something else?

Many thanks. :)

Comments

• I would assume Render Settings, but really you should not be rendering directly to a movie anyway - it doesn't allow breaking the job down into batches, it doesn't allow saving with an alpha channel for compositing, it doesn't allow tweaking a short segment and just renrendering that, it doesn't allow post-work on frames, ... Render to an image sequence, then assemble that in a video editor.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

From what I can see that is for video encoding.  Processing raw video camera footage to a more standard movie file format is also known as rendering so I think your guy is confused about what you are doing.

• jestmart said:

From what I can see that is for video encoding.  Processing raw video camera footage to a more standard movie file format is also known as rendering so I think your guy is confused about what you are doing.

Thank you, both - yes, @jestmart, I think you've put your finger on it.  :)