Outfit cuts away body parts. How to turn this off?

I bought an outfit in the Daz3d store and it cuts away hands and feet when I add shoes and gloves to the G8 Figure. How do I turn this off? The G8 Figure has to keep its hands and feet.

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

Please be more specific with the product in question.

• VaceriasVacerias Posts: 4

The outfit: https://www.daz3d.com/cr-sci-fi-suit-for-genesis-8-females

As soon as you apply gloves and shoes then the G8 model loses its hands and feet when I hide gloves and shoes.

Here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/klJ3ho5

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,149
    Those are geograft outfits. They're like that because the outfit might be smaller/tighter than what the figure can bend. I usually get around it by dressing up another figure at base resolution and hiding it, making it invisible on the scene, and making sure it has the same poses as my character.
  • ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513
    edited June 2022

It looks like you can apply the gloves and shoes separately from the bodysuit. Can you have a scene subset saved with each version (one full outfit, and one with just the bodysuit) and load whichever one is appropriate? Or do you need, say, one hand exposed while the other hand is wearing a glove?

Post edited by Chezjuan on
  • VaceriasVacerias Posts: 4
    edited June 2022

Thank you all for the tips but I am using the model in Unity and I use an Outfit-System there. If I change the outfit in Unity to something like casual wear then unfortunately the 3d model will have again no feet or hands. I thought that there is maybe an import script or a setting in DAZ3D or something else that I could edit to prevent this... I guess my workaround, for now, is either to use 2 3D models (one with casual wear and one with the armor) or replace gloves and shoes.

Post edited by Vacerias on
  • MimicMolly said:

Those are geograft outfits. They're like that because the outfit might be smaller/tighter than what the figure can bend. I usually get around it by dressing up another figure at base resolution and hiding it, making it invisible on the scene, and making sure it has the same poses as my character.

You can also use the Geometry Editor to reduce the AutoHide group, though once present it has to include at least one polygon.