Interior Light Sets?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
edited June 2022 in New Users

I have an interior that came with some lights. But after applying them, they aren't visible in an Iray render (everythign is just dark). How do I adjust such lights that are part of a set and don't appear as an item in the scene panel or in the lights panels. Lights I create as a new object appear in both panels and I can select them in the Lights panel, turn on photometrics, and adjust their luminous flux to a desired intensity. 

Edit:  Okay I think I found the ansswer, the lights are loading but their luminosity is turned off. So each one has to be turned on by hand.  Still can't find controls for the built in light fixtures, which remain dark.

Post edited by Deke on

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,926

Which product is this? I know that there are some in the store where the lights are turned off in the surface tab and no preset to turn them back on is included, so you have to manually turn the lights on. I was just wondering if this set you're working with is one of those, or if it's one that needs to be added to the list?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

Yep...Thanks, that's what I sorted out.  I totally forgot that I needed to turn emmisive in the surface panel from black to something else. That instantly brings up other controls. Seems a countery-intuitive UX design, but I got it working.