From "Mei Lin 6" to "Victoria 4" !

WojtkoWojtko Posts: 82
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello everyone!

I look for the possibility of adapting the dimensions of Mei Lin 6 to V4?
I well touve the opposite way (how to switch to V4 Genesis 2) but not the reverse.
I lost in the different software or plugin for DAZ store.
For example:
generation-4-legacy-shapes-for-genesis-2-female?
genesis-generation-x2?
generation-5-uv-bundle-for-genesis-2-girl-s?
Another?

Can you help me please.

Merci

Patrick

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You cannot go backwards with figures.

Genesis and Genesis 2 use 'weight mapped' rigging, and the older stuff, like V4 and V3 etc, used the older legacy rigging. As you have shown, you CAN transfer shapes from V4 TO Genesis/Genesis 2, but not FROM Genesis/Genesis 2 to V4.

There are a set of morphs for V4 called 'Morphs++', do you have them? There are many characters available all over the internet for Victoria 4, you could try looking in ShareCG to see if there is anything there that would suit you?

Why do you want to use V4 in particular?

• WojtkoWojtko Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

thank you for this quick response.
    I have a product poses and props that uses the dimensions of Lin Mei 6, I would like to adapt for Victoria 4.

edited December 1969

What character are they made for?

If it is a Genesis or Genesis 2 figure, then you could import the OBJ (Mesh) files and re-rig them to use the older rigging that V4 uses, but it may be a lot of work.

edited December 1969

It is this method that seems very interresting?

I understand as possible, I am not expert enough to understand how to define "the older rigging That V4 uses"?

Now I thought if there was the same tool;

http://www.daz3d.com/measure-metrics-for-daz-studio

Victoria 4 would be as well: I would put the measures V4 Mei Lin simply.
    After I do not know if I'm doing manually V4 how to save (to the new dimensions) to be applied to each poses next.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,003
    edited June 2015

Rigging means you have to create new bones for the character. It is a very time consuming process.

Measure Metrics just measures how long something is. The bust size, the height, the length of the arm -get out the invisible meter measure. :-)

About the poses - V4 Poses can be applied to G2 Mei Lin. The only problem is with the hands, but there is a pose helper for that:
    http://www.daz3d.com/handy-dandy

As was asked before, is there a special reason why you need to use V4?
    Clothes and poses of V4 can mostly be used with G2Mei Lin.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

First of all thank you for the answer.

I thought I had answered on the reason for wanting to use V4.
    I am French, and uses Google translation, which has the bad habit to "erase" the good translations.
    So I try to understand the best I can.

I have a product that uses poses Mei LIn 6. I want to apply the same dimensions but for V4. Simply because I have more choices in V4 face, skin, hair etc ....
    My goal is really to V4 to the same dimensions as Lin Mei 6:

Height: 5'5 "(165.1 cm)
    Chest Circumference: 33.6 "(85.3 cm)
    Waist Circumference: 26.2 "(66.5 cm)
    Low Hip Circumference: 36.4 "(92.4 cm)

edited June 2015

About the po . ses - V4 Poses can be applied to G2 Mei Lin

The trouble is that it is the opposite that I want to do!
    Apply poses Mei Lin6 to V4.
    And V4 have the same dimensions as ML6

Post edited by Wojtko on
    edited December 1969

patwojtko said:
    About the po . ses - V4 Poses can be applied to G2 Mei Lin

The trouble is that it is the opposite that I want to do!
    Apply poses Mei Lin6 to V4.
    And V4 have the same dimensions as ML6

You could use Measure Metrics to get V4 similar to Mei Lin, and use Morphs++ for V4 (if you have them) to alter the facial features and expressions as well.

Poses for G2F work on V4 (mostly) but you may have some tweaking to do. They will be close enough if you want to take the time to make them correct. You can then save the pose after you have it the way you want, and use it on any future V4 characters. Poses that are for Facial Expressions for G2F do NOT work on V4 at all.

edited December 1969

You could use Measure Metrics to get V4 similar to Mei Lin, and use Morphs++ for V4

I have both, but I think "Measure Metrics:" does not work with V4 !!! I can not change the proportions of V4 !!
    That is the concern.

:-(

edited December 1969

I don't know how you could do this, it cannot be done easily that I know of.

Maybe someone else will post here to tell you how to do it, but I don't know, sorry.

• ChaosDrgnChaosDrgn Posts: 22

Wojtko said:

You could use Measure Metrics to get V4 similar to Mei Lin, and use Morphs++ for V4

I have both, but I think "Measure Metrics:" does not work with V4 !!! I can not change the proportions of V4 !!
    That is the concern.

:-(

Know it's a day late and several dollars short. You could always try setting up V4 and Mei Lin as skin suits, fit one to the other as they do for when doing export morphs. Have to sit down and think about it. I also know that X2 MIGHT convert over to V4 from G2, but it'd take some playing.